E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Warning On Display

09-13-2006, 07:42 AM   #1
nc6000
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90, 320i SE

Warning On Display

Hi All,

Great site, full of good information for prospective E90 buyers. It certainly helped me when deciding what car to order.

I took delivery of an E90 320i SE yesterday after a long wait and I absolutely love it already. It's a fantastic car to drive.

One problem though, down at the bottom of the display to the left of the trip counter it is showing a triangle with a ! in it. I had a look through the manual and it says that the car is due a service when this warning appears.

As this can't be correct I figure it stays on until the car is "broken-in" once you start to drive it and the dealer didn't mention this to me.

Does anybody know why this would be showing up on a brand new car with only 200 miles on the clock?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2006, 07:44 AM   #2
ski360
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325i

Is the DTC turned on?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2006, 07:45 AM   #3
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc6000
Hi All,

Great site, full of good information for prospective E90 buyers. It certainly helped me when deciding what car to order.

I took delivery of an E90 320i SE yesterday after a long wait and I absolutely love it already. It's a fantastic car to drive.

One problem though, down at the bottom of the display to the left of the trip counter it is showing a triangle with a ! in it. I had a look through the manual and it says that the car is due a service when this warning appears.

As this can't be correct I figure it stays on until the car is "broken-in" once you start to drive it and the dealer didn't mention this to me.

Does anybody know why this would be showing up on a brand new car with only 200 miles on the clock?
Yellow triangle with the "!" in it is just a warning that something is due -- could be low gas, open trunk, etc... Go through the computer (up and down) till you get to the warning point that will tell you what's happening.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2006, 07:48 AM   #4
nc6000
Registered
Rep

Thanks for the replies. The warning comes up with the DTC on or off. Boot/Trunk is closed, I don't think it's anything obvious like that.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2006, 07:51 AM   #5
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the replies. The warning comes up with the DTC on or off. Boot/Trunk is closed, I don't think it's anything obvious like that.
I have it on when: I'm low on the gas, I did not put my seat belt immediately on (but then the chime comes on), when I needed to add the windshield fluid, when I needed to add a quart of oil. The last one just came up, and I missed to see it in time, so I scrolled down the computer till I got to that point...
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2006, 08:26 AM   #6
nc6000
Registered
Rep

Dr325i, Just went out to the car and checked the computer. Looks like a problem with the rear fog light as the symbol for that comes up when I go onto the "check" section. It's the only warning listed. The rear fog light seems to be coming on fine when I press the button. I wonder what's wrong with it.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2006, 10:06 AM   #7
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Dr325i, Just went out to the car and checked the computer. Looks like a problem with the rear fog light as the symbol for that comes up when I go onto the "check" section. It's the only warning listed. The rear fog light seems to be coming on fine when I press the button. I wonder what's wrong with it.
We don't have those in the US, so...
I'd check with the dealer just to take that sign off.
Good luck!
I wish we had the 320 SI in the States...
Appreciate 0