E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Africa > Formula 1 service

09-05-2006, 05:50 PM   #1
BeeEm
Private
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32 435iA Coupe M Sport

Garage List
Formula 1 service

Today, I had my E90 booked in for the 25,000km service.

I was offered a Formula 1 service option at my dealership, which is essentially a service which is completed within 60 minutes, and one can wait whilst its being done. I was surprised the service could be done within such a short period.

Has anyone had any experience of this service option?

F32 435i Coupe M-Sport, Estoril Blue, 442M staggered, Harman Kardon, Navigation System Professional, M Sports Suspension, Sunroof, M Sport brakes, High Beam Assist, Rear Camera, PDC, Enhanced Bluetooth.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2006, 10:48 AM   #2
Broken1
Addict
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 40i M-Sport

Had this done at Auto Bavaria Midrand. For a simple oil change, it's not a problem. Basically, they get you to come in at a pre-arranged time (when a mechanic is available, or will be available to work on your car). He does the service and that's it.

It normally doesn't take very long anyways, your car sits at the dealer all day long until they get round to it.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2006, 11:02 AM   #3
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeEm
Today, I had my E90 booked in for the 25,000km service.

I was offered a Formula 1 service option at my dealership, which is essentially a service which is completed within 60 minutes, and one can wait whilst its being done. I was surprised the service could be done within such a short period.

Has anyone had any experience of this service option?
Not heard the 'formula 1' phrase but BMW UK have been doing while U wait services for a couple of years. A standard oil service takes about an hour, so you just sit in the waiting area sipping cappucino and surfing the net with their WIFI.
Appreciate 0