BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-09-2009, 11:24 PM   #1
GTR-M3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Bmw M3 V8 M-DCT

PROS - CONS on www.jl-motoring.com

PROS and CONS

Seem's like JL - Motoring has some pretty good prices for Carbon Fiber products. I am thinking of maybe make a purchase but just would like to be on the safe side and see if any one has anything to say about this company. Like how are they in general and if you have purchased from some carbon fiber products were you satisfied or not. Anything will help, any kind of info.

Thanks in adavce.

***NO GUTS, NO GLORY! ///M3 TUNER***
***PASSION DOES NOT COMPROMISE***
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 05:25 AM   #2
KWY91
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 (on order), 458

well, I just order an M3 cf mirror cover from them! would like to hear some comments too!

Lamborghini's Mica Orange E93 M3
Akrapovic Exhaust //Challenge Rear CF diffuser//ESS VT-575 Supercharger
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 10:00 PM   #3
GTR-M3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Bmw M3 V8 M-DCT

After you get your mirror covers post up some info, like how's the quality and fitment of them. Would appriciate the info, thanx.

***NO GUTS, NO GLORY! ///M3 TUNER***
***PASSION DOES NOT COMPROMISE***
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2009, 03:40 PM   #4
dillon733
Major
Rep
Drives: Jet Black e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR-M3 View Post
PROS and CONS

Seem's like JL - Motoring has some pretty good prices for Carbon Fiber products. I am thinking of maybe make a purchase but just would like to be on the safe side and see if any one has anything to say about this company. Like how are they in general and if you have purchased from some carbon fiber products were you satisfied or not. Anything will help, any kind of info.

Thanks in adavce.
+1 id be interested to know how quality and fitment is as well. I am thinking about purchasing the vrs(M3 style) front lip.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2009, 08:34 PM   #5
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Relatively Quick.

I've gotten a Vorsteiner styled rear diffuser from them, and a 3D-style CF trunk spoiler from them. My experience has been that their CF weave and fitment is good, surprisingly much better than I'd have ever thought from a replica company, but the clearcoat? Not so much. It looks like it'll hold up, but I mean, I wasn't really impressed. I ended up getting both products re-clearcoated at Perfect Color in Anaheim after a week of ownership. Even so, at a $150.00 clearcoat job for both of the items I purchased, I think you still get good stuff, since their stuff isn't that expensive to begin with, in contrast to the rest of the stuff out there.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2009, 10:00 PM   #6
SECRET M
Engineer
Rep
Drives: N/A

the products are thicker and stronger than you'd expect out of a replica. i've seen entire hoods made of CF/fiberglass with thinner cross-sectional thickness so i'm quite impressed.

build quality: 8/10
CF is clean and the lips are sturdy. i've slammed into a parking block while parking and the lip cracked, but the entire lip still held together very well on the car. protected my bumper from near disaster.

fit: 7/10
lips never fit right, but for reference i'd rate authentic vorsteiner fit to be 6/10. just a tough critic.

service: 6/10
nothing special here. lips come fast. not much communication, but i guess there doesn't need to be. never had to return anything so i don't know.

price: 8.5/10
the lips are a bargain considering the build quality. i'm very pleased. i ordered a second lip to replace my cracked lip, so i'll be able to comment on repeatability of quality and fit.

i'd buy from them w/o hesitation though. parts fit, and the quality is legit.
      08-29-2009, 12:29 AM   #7
Ca$hOnly
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I bought the lip and diffuser. The lip fit fairly well, I was actually pleasantly surprised. I still have it on my car and would definitely buy again. Some very minor bubbles/scratches on the lip, but nothing you would notice without being super anal.

The diffuser on the other hand seemed a little off and I ended up selling before putting it on.

Overall I've been very happy with my purchase and I would recommend the lip to anyone.
      08-29-2009, 01:57 AM   #8
damiem3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

I got both the CSL trunk and front lip from JL and I am extremely happy with the products. The fits are perfect and had no problem installing them. I actually emailed them with lots of questions before purchasing and they were very patient and quick responses.
Overall, the parts are high quality with the good price. would definitely recommend.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2009, 10:50 PM   #9
Kyosho
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3 // Panamera Turbo

I actually met up with JL to pick up a lip locally. He's a really chill guy, we chatted for a bit. The fitment on the lip was pretty good. Cant complain for the price I am glad that I went with the JL lip over the authentic VRS.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2009, 11:57 AM   #10
Agio645cic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: GTR

Great seller !! He knows what he's doing... (eventhough replicated parts) :P

Kyosho : I actually met up with JL to pick up a lip locally. He's a really chill guy, we chatted for a bit. The fitment on the lip was pretty good. Cant complain for the price I am glad that I went with the JL lip over the authentic VRS.

110% agree with Kyosho " ".
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2009, 03:42 PM   #11
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR

I received his CF spoiler and had a small blemish on it. I used a black permanent marker to fill it in and can't notice the blemish anymore. The build quality is actually very good and the fitment is actually perfect. I'll be purchasing a lip and a diffuser from him very soon.
Appreciate 0