E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Driver Mirror moves ,,goes crazzy

08-05-2009, 10:13 AM   #1
silvrevo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235v 6spd

Driver Mirror moves ,,goes crazzy

I had this for about 1.5 yrs now. Had it up to the bmw shop and they told me up and down the driver mirror dosnt move in reverse,, only the passenger mirror. I said nope, everytime I put it in reverse, the driver mirror will tilt and goto werid angles.

They said they fixxed it about 4 months ago. Since day one I got it back it still did it.

Today I take it to the bmw shop for a weak ac,, and also told them the driver mirror does move when I reverse. Had 3 techs over,, all telling me nope it dosnt move. They get into the frickin car, and reverse it 6 times,, nada,,, dosnt move. Im like wtf,, the old saying take it into the shop and the problem dosnt happen.

Everythime I back up out of my drive way, or business parking lot, I always have to repostion the mirror,, and yes its very dangerous if you dont catch it and go for a look in the mirror only to see the sky or the ground.

So is there a link to a good fixx for this,, and or other people with the same issue that I can take to the dealership?

They think Im nutzz,, but I know everytime I go to back up,, I then have to readjust the driver mirror.

I only use this one keyfob,, Im only driver too.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2009, 10:55 AM   #2
scooby9
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 BMW 335xi

This has plagued me for 2 years now. The dealer has "repaired" this 3 times. Each repair attempt seems to fix it for a while but then the driver mirror goes crazy again. Essentially every time I get in the car, I have to re-adjust the mirror. The only solution that I have seen on the forums is to replace the driver side mirror harness. I have to go in one more time and "suggest" this to my SA. So far, they have been replacing the motor in the mirror. It's possible that a defective harness could be damaging the mirror motor which would explain what I have been experiencing.