E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Squeeking in the rear cabin!? WTF?!

08-04-2009, 08:27 PM   #1
dubiousONE
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335

Squeeking in the rear cabin!? WTF?!

Lately while I've been driving, I can hear little tick or click or squeek noises coming from the rear seat location. I'm not sure it has anything to do with the seats, but I feel like it has something to do with the speaker locations. I popped by rear split folded seats, slammed them back into place, and as I pull away it still squeeks.

What gives? Anyone else have this problem?? Worth taking to the dealership??
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 08:35 PM   #2
2kbluer6
Rep
Drives: Several

Garage List
Do a search for "rear deck rattle." You might have to remove the rear deck and felt tape the plastic air vent underneath the rear window.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 08:46 PM   #3
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kbluer6 View Post
Do a search for "rear deck rattle." You might have to remove the rear deck and felt tape the plastic air vent underneath the rear window.
+1

It's more than likely that plastic shelf back there. There is a service bulletin on this (I think) so the dealer could also take care of it for you.

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 09:48 PM   #4
poiney
Captain
Rep
Drives: 328i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopa489 View Post
+1

It's more than likely that plastic shelf back there. There is a service bulletin on this (I think) so the dealer could also take care of it for you.

I think the service bulletin is a hoax, since no one has been able to produce the details. I would love to be proved wrong since my rear deck rattles like crazy.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 09:53 PM   #5
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

You might be right. People have claimed it existed, but I'm having doubts at this point too.

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2009, 10:03 PM   #6
NoWr2Go
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

My car squeeks like crazy as well depending on the temperature/weather. The noise comes from the rear panel and most likely is the air vent rubbing against the body. I took it in once and of course it did not make the noise. Interestingly the noise is not associated with speed as it will creek/pop at 1mph as loud as when I am going 65mph. Also there is no TSB on this. Next time I take it in even if it does not make the noise, I am just going to pay them to do the work and put felt tape on the contact points where the vent touches the body. I guess paying a few hundred dollars is better than trading the car in as I am sick and tired of hearing this noise.

There is a thread somewhere that has step by step instructions on resolving this noise posted by a member. If anyone else has more info, please post. THX.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2009, 12:14 AM   #7
2kbluer6
Rep
Drives: Several

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWr2Go View Post
My car squeeks like crazy as well depending on the temperature/weather. The noise comes from the rear panel and most likely is the air vent rubbing against the body. I took it in once and of course it did not make the noise. Interestingly the noise is not associated with speed as it will creek/pop at 1mph as loud as when I am going 65mph. Also there is no TSB on this. Next time I take it in even if it does not make the noise, I am just going to pay them to do the work and put felt tape on the contact points where the vent touches the body. I guess paying a few hundred dollars is better than trading the car in as I am sick and tired of hearing this noise.

There is a thread somewhere that has step by step instructions on resolving this noise posted by a member. If anyone else has more info, please post. THX.
Here you go

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3795460

It took me 3 hours, and that was with the two trips to the store. If I had to do it again, I could probably do it in half the time, and that's being very conservative.
Appreciate 0