E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Australia Classifieds Section > Defi Boost Gauge

08-03-2009, 08:32 PM   #1
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Defi Boost Gauge

I cleaned out my storage area on the weekend and figured this may be of interest to members here. I had this installed on my 335, it's been replaced with a custom vent gauge. The amber is very close to the stock light colour in the 335.

It was very easy to wire up as all the power etc is available under the center console (where the ashtray etc is located) an running the sensor cable through the firewall isn't a difficult process. The control unit can be easily velcro'd to the top of the glovebox and is so slim it hardly takes any space up.

I'm after $350 for the lot or best offer.

Info on what the gauge and control unit can do is below;

Defi BF 60mm Boost Meter - Amber

Defi-Link Meters are electronic gauges which are high response and refined design. Defi-Link Meters need to be connected to Defi-Link Control Unit II. Up to 7 gauges can be connected and controlled by one Control Unit II. The name of the connection system is Defi-Link System. These great looking BF gauges from Defi turn completely off with no visible lettering / needles when gauge is off. Defi-Link System allows gauges to be attached to Defi-Link Control Unit II with a single ''DAISY CHAIN'' type wiring system. Defi-Link II Controller required
• Gauge dials are invisible while the ignition switch is off. Once the ignition switch is turned on, a clear display appears with white LED illumination. A red emitting needle pointer increases visibility.
• Gorgeous Opening mode and Ending mode:
• Brightness can be adjusted. There are 10 stages of brightness, 5 stages in the daytime and 5 stages in the nighttime. The brightness decreases being interlocked with the illumination switch on. The decrease in lights can be canceled
• Driving data can be stored and can be replayed up to 3 minutes.
• Double Warning function by a meter's LED lamp and a beep
• If Defi-Link Indicator(sold separately) is connected, it blinks when any of connected meters' warning LED light
• Defi-Link Indicators can be connected to each gauge.
• Differential pressure between fuel pressure and turbo can be shown if both of fuel pressure meter and turbo meter are installed
• Defi-Link Control Unit II is necessary to operate Defi-Link Meter BF.
• Defi-Link Meter BF is applicable only for 12V vehicles.

Defi-Link Control Unit II

Driving data can be stored and can be replayed up to 3 minutes. Pause, speed play, forward, and rewind function can be applied during playback.
• Double Warning function by a meter's LED lamp and a beep
• The switch panel is embossed and buzzer sounds by pushing the buttons.
• The characters and the rings on the switch panel are illuminated in white at nighttime. It makes operation in the dark easy.
• Defi-Link Indicator (sold separately) can be connected to M-WARNING connector. The indicator blinks when any of connected meters' warning LED lights.
• Differential pressure between fuel pressure and turbo can be shown if both of fuel pressure meter and turbo meter are installed.
• UP to 7 gauges among from Defi-Link Meters and Defi-Link Meter BFs and Defi-Link Displays can be operated with one Control Unit II. Microcomputers are equipped with meters and Control Unit II. A distant meter can be operated at hand.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0