E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Need the best traffic lawyer in Plainsboro NJ

07-28-2009, 07:50 PM   #1
BMWFM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328xit

Exclamation Need the best traffic lawyer in Plainsboro NJ - Updated with results

Just had a cop in an unmarked vehicle write me 5 different tickets. Looking for the best traffic lawyer money can buy.

********** Results on post #8 ********************

Thanks in advance!

FM
F34 335i xDrive, M Sport, Alpine White, Black Dakota, Dark Burl, Dynamic Handling, Technology, Driver Assistance, Premium, Active Cruise Control, Heated Seats, Side and Top View Cameras, European Delivery, Debadged

Last edited by BMWFM; 08-19-2009 at 09:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2009, 08:53 PM   #2
karliejai
Da Kid
United_States
Rep
Drives: JetBlack e90 335i

were u on parkway north? i just got home and saw at least 4 cars getting tickets from exit 131 to exit 139!!

MODS: OEM Front Splitter | ACS Roof Spoiler | OEM Trunk Spoiler | Matt Black Front Grill | Black Shadowline Window Trim | Painted Front Lower Rod | Blacklines | JDM Yellow Fogs | Custom Silver CF Headlights with LUX 4.0 | Eisenhaus Sports Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2009, 09:20 PM   #3
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: a couple fast toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by karliejai View Post
were u on parkway north? i just got home and saw at least 4 cars getting tickets from exit 131 to exit 139!!
+1

IM FROM SOUTH SJ BUT ILL SEE IF MY GUY IS STILL AVAILABLE, HE GOT ME OUT OF QUITE A BIT OF THINGS I SHOULDNT OF HAHA, GL!! SORRY TO HEAR THIS! COPS MAN!

SGM e92 335xi|Helix|AFE|AWE|PROCEDE|SYNAPSE|ER|OSS|BMW PERFORMANCE|P3|always growing..
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2009, 09:33 PM   #4
BMWFM
Lieutenant
Rep

On Rte 1. Next to Princeton.

FM
F34 335i xDrive, M Sport, Alpine White, Black Dakota, Dark Burl, Dynamic Handling, Technology, Driver Assistance, Premium, Active Cruise Control, Heated Seats, Side and Top View Cameras, European Delivery, Debadged
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2009, 10:47 PM   #5
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWFM View Post
On Rte 1. Next to Princeton.

FM

SGM e92 335xi|Helix|AFE|AWE|PROCEDE|SYNAPSE|ER|OSS|BMW PERFORMANCE|P3|always growing..
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2009, 11:08 PM   #6
jfarnkopf
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 335i

what tickets did you get? what interactions did you have with the cop?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 07:51 AM   #7
BMWFM
Lieutenant
Rep

I may tell you more once case is closed. Nothing related to any DUI, highway speeding, work/school zone, etc. Just a bunch of violations that involve passing the cop's unmarked slow moving car. I obvioulsy disagree strongly with the tickets. I also have a witness in my car. I did not insult the cop, etc.

FM
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2009, 09:23 AM   #8
BMWFM
Lieutenant
Rep

OK. Court date was today. Everything went fine.

Original situation: 5 tickets with up to 14 points total (+ risk of losing license, etc.)

Settled with prosecution for: 1 "careless driving" ticket with 2 points. All other charges dismissed.

Even if I think I did not do anything wrong, we figured it was not worth fighting the rest, file charges against the officer, going to trial and calling witnesses, etc. My time is more valuable that this crap.

My lawyer was Edward Shamy. I highly recommend him. He was of very good counsel.

http://shamylaw.com/

FM
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2009, 11:42 AM   #9
fnckr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i 6mt

Glad to hear you're happy and it turned out alright for you. Going to keep this name for the future. It bugs me that good and alert drivers get pinched for seemingly aggressive, but most likely, safe moves yet boneheaded morons driving slowly and oblivious to the world around them are never stopped or even looked at twice. I'm saying this as someone who has immense respect for the law and law enforcement officers. I give a lot of credit to those officers here in NJ that have pulled over left lane hogs and cellphone talkers and texters.
      08-19-2009, 02:25 PM   #10
BMWFM
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnckr View Post
Glad to hear you're happy and it turned out alright for you. Going to keep this name for the future. It bugs me that good and alert drivers get pinched for seemingly aggressive, but most likely, safe moves yet boneheaded morons driving slowly and oblivious to the world around them are never stopped or even looked at twice. I'm saying this as someone who has immense respect for the law and law enforcement officers. I give a lot of credit to those officers here in NJ that have pulled over left lane hogs and cellphone talkers and texters.

Yes. In this case, it was the cop... That's why we were ready to file charges. He blocked me for a while with his unmarked vehicle, straddling in my lane , driving very slow (probably not intentionally, on the phone or something). After I passed him properly, he proceeded to chase me with his unmarked SUV, no lights on. I got worried about road rage and accelerated a bit in the exit turn. My car was handling just fine (way within the limits of grip - thanks HPDE!) but he said almost rolled over his big SUV trying to follow. He had to slow and then he put on his lights. I stopped right away. He was not happy.

Had he put his lights on since the beginning or if he had not straddled on my lane and blocked me, nothing would have happened. I would have let him do his thing and waited and would not have felt threatened in the chase.

I also have a lot of respect for the police too. I think this issue was an unfortunate set of circumstances and I was very reluctant at the idea of filing charges. I am sure he is a good guy and value his service to the community. He was probably attending to important business. He had a long and difficult day and did not realize what was happening around him. I probably should not have felt threatened and accelerated (although it is not very comfortable to be chased by a big black unmarked SUV).

At the same time, they are here to protect people and we, society, give special powers. With this come responsibility as well and higher standards. If they want special priviledges on the road, they have to be recognized as police. They have to be careful when using these priviledges and respect other drivers even more. They cannot behave dangerously undercover and assume it will be all right for other drivers. Also, the guy gave me 5 tickets without realizing he was part of the problem as well. Had no choice but to defend myself in court.

Big headache but in the end, minor issue, I'll move on. I still like my car and the way it handled. I think I did the right thing to protect myself and my passenger under the circumstances.

FM
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2009, 03:03 PM   #11
caradd
(*) (*)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i 6mt

Yikes, I travel that all the time. What were the 4 other violations?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2009, 03:50 PM   #12
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep

sue the shit out of that fucker, excuse my french. sorry, but i had a very similiar case with police targeting/intimidation/being an overall part of the problem during my senior year of high school. he actually went as far to have his cop buddies follow me around town at one point and post up at certain points during the route to my school, just sharking around. i filed charges on the complaining officer and with a few other connections i had/made, the officer was let go from the township after 17 years of harassing teens and young drivers. it made me ecstatic to hear it, some cops just think they are supercops and then you turn the tables on them, its the beauty of the american system, file charges and sue the shit out of that pig. he sounds like a complete dick, i wouldn't put it past some "supercops" to employ those kind of intimidation procedures, as i've posted, ive witnessed it hundreds of times. good luck with everything. im not a cop killer, i like the few i know, but many of them **can** be out there to abuse the added power. and +1 for respecting other drivers even more, i hear ya.

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2009, 07:42 PM   #13
BMWFM
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by caradd View Post
Yikes, I travel that all the time. What were the 4 other violations?
PMed. I won't elaborate since they were dropped.

FM
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2009, 07:47 PM   #14
BMWFM
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevC View Post
sue the shit out of that fucker, excuse my french.
Nah. I am sure he is a good guy who was having a bad day. I actually did some background research on him.

Sorry to hear your story.

FM
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2009, 07:59 PM   #15
Cay955
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Q7

I drive through Plainsboro everyday on my way to work and they are always staking out on route 1 northbound by forrestal village and scudder mills rd.

I have nothing nice to say about the plainsboro cops, so I'll refrain from making comments about them.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2009, 08:31 PM   #16
BMWFM
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cay955 View Post
I drive through Plainsboro everyday on my way to work and they are always staking out on route 1 northbound by forrestal village and scudder mills rd.

I have nothing nice to say about the plainsboro cops, so I'll refrain from making comments about them.
Yup. That's where this happened. Forrestal exit. Watch out for unmarked black cars.

FM
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2009, 09:30 PM   #17
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWFM View Post
Nah. I am sure he is a good guy who was having a bad day. I actually did some background research on him.

Sorry to hear your story.

FM
i guarantee you he is most likely is not, nothing nice to say about plainsboro police either, so i shall refrain. a good day/bad day should not interfere with an officers sound judgement. thats preposterous, i just think no one here will really ever get along completely with any police force regardless. their out their to make money,we're out their to have fun.

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 07:31 AM   #18
Jeffman
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi E90

Garage List
Sounds like a case of DWIB -- Driving While In Beemer.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 10:54 AM   #19
LaLakers91tc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM E92 335i 6MT

reviving an old ass thread lol
I drive through that area all the time and the cops are camped out looking for bimmers, since princeton BMW is a minute or two away
it's definitely not a smart place to speed

Previous SGM E90 330i (R.I.P.)
Appreciate 0