E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Rattling noise behind driver-side firewall?

07-27-2009, 04:52 PM   #1
beastpower
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335 Mpkgecoupe;sold '03 M5

Rattling noise behind driver-side firewall?

I have an '06 e90 XI with 21K miles and it recently developed a super annoying rattle...it seems to be coming from the driver's side behind the firewall but I can't pinpoint what is causing it. It's somewhat of a low rattling noise...it just developed couple of thousand miles ago and it won't come on until the car is warm and has been driven for at least 10 minutes. It gets progressively louder and it's not bump induced. It's more audible when the car is going slowly (doesn't matter if the gas or brake pedal is depressed or not) but that could be a function of less road, tire, wind, etc. noise when the car is going slowly and radio turned off. Anybody else with similar a problem and more importantly how to fix it??

BTW, since I'm complaining about rattling noises, the rear window gives off a loud crackling noise every once in awhile and I think one of the cup holders is rattling too. Annoying especially since I try to avoid every pot hole (not easy to do in NJ & NYC) even if it causes my passengers to complain or get tossed around like a rag doll.
Appreciate 0