BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-15-2009, 06:13 PM   #1
aries2k1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

Anyone have any experience with Clear Bra of Virginia?

http://clearbraofva.com/paint-protection.shtml

Website looks really professional and pretty informative, of course that doesn't always mean that their work is great but my choices are pretty limited in the Richmond/DC area. I especially like that they offer VentureShield for their covering. Anyone get their cars done by them?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for window tinting?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2009, 11:41 AM   #2
1N54E92
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM F30 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesmarcus.k View Post
http://clearbraofva.com/paint-protection.shtml

Website looks really professional and pretty informative, of course that doesn't always mean that their work is great but my choices are pretty limited in the Richmond/DC area. I especially like that they offer VentureShield for their covering. Anyone get their cars done by them?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for window tinting?
Clear Bra ? rajaventureshield... one of the best. Raja has done all the clear bra on my car. Worth the 90 minute drive to get it done by a true pro.

Tint? LA TINT in Sterling, VA... just got my 335i coupe done with Pinnacle tint this week. awesome !
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2009, 12:38 PM   #3
macleod135
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

A 3M clear bra is being installed on my car as I type this right now. The guy is located in Northern VA and I have heard great things about his work. He is used by one of the local BMW dealers and a great body shop. I will let you know how it turns out later this afternoon.

As far as Clear Bra of Va. I don't have any experience with them; however, their pricing is identical to the guy I am using.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2009, 01:44 PM   #4
jkp1187
Unindicted co-conspirator
United_States
Rep
Drives: to work, mostly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macleod135 View Post
A 3M clear bra is being installed on my car as I type this right now. The guy is located in Northern VA and I have heard great things about his work. He is used by one of the local BMW dealers and a great body shop. I will let you know how it turns out later this afternoon.

As far as Clear Bra of Va. I don't have any experience with them; however, their pricing is identical to the guy I am using.
Cool. Let us know how it turns out. What are you getting covered?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2009, 02:41 PM   #5
macleod135
Private First Class
Rep

I am having about 18" of the hood and front fenders, the front bumper, and the mirrors covered. I was considering the headlights because I am going to track the car occaisionally, but it was an additional $75 and it just wasn't worth it to me.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2009, 03:18 PM   #6
1N54E92
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM F30 M-Sport

I have it all over the front half of my car, all the lights, 24" of the hood, fenders, A-pllar columns, rocker panels, mirrors, rear quarter panels,rear bumper, trunk. etc.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2009, 03:43 PM   #7
macleod135
Private First Class
Rep

Just got home from picking up my car and it looks great. He said it will continue to settle on the car and be even less noticeable over the next 24 hours or so. With that said I can only see the line if I stand directly in front of the car and look down on it.

He did an excellent job and was extremely nice to deal with. He also covered the headlights at no extra charge so I ended up paying $695 for the hood, fenders, bumper, and headlights. It covers the hood approximately 23 inches (if measured from the front below the roundel to the line where the clear bra stops).

If anyone wants his information PM me. If you want to see pictures of the car, let me know and I can try to post some.

He also does window tint and I am thinking about having that done in 2 weeks by him. If I end up having that done I will post the results of that as well.
Appreciate 0