ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-29-2009, 02:32 PM   #1
cloud8r
Member BMW CCA Los Angeles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 GC Comp

Garage List
2018 BMW M4  [0.00]
Question Cleansweep users - Need Help Plz

So I've been doing a complete upgrade of my carver/premium sound (which I'll be doing a diy for once complete) and I've run into a snag with the cleansweep.

As you know the cleansweep accepts a 3 way signal (low pass, mid, high pass) when in 3 way mode. The problem is that we have a 4 way signal (addition of subs). The sub signal goes below 50Hz as I've read, whereas the low pass (6.5 mid drivers) stops at 50Hz (again according to my research).

I have tried almost everything I can and I can't get all the signals the cleansweep dsp needs. It either comes back with a partial eq error, incomplete signal range, or when I turn the head unit volume and cleansweep sum trim all the way up the cleansweep dsp then sounds like crap.

My current setting was feeding the cleansweep the signal for the tweeters as high pass, the 4" doors speakers as mid, the 6.5 woofers as low pass, then used a loc on the sub signal and fed that directly to the amp, bipassing the cleansweep. The issue with this setup is that the woofers now don't go as low as I'd like and I have to control the volumes separately for the stage vs subs. Not to mention, that the cleansweep dsp still complains that it's not getting a full signal range and the cleansweep sum-er says the low pass signal is too week (despite it being all the way up in line mode)

Curious how other have tackled this or any other suggestions. I've hella frustrated since the multi thousand dollar system is performing subpar. Please feel free to correct any of my understandings on how to use these signals and their ranges.

Thanks in advance...

RJ
Appreciate 0