E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Quiet Day Out (not)

08-21-2006, 10:43 AM   #1
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quiet Day Out (not)

I took my 2 little boys (2 and 4 years old) out on Sunday to give my wife a break.

We went to the Heritage Motor Museum just of the M40 south of Warwick.

I'd taken them before about a year ago and thought it would be nice an quiet.

But no ... when I got there it was heaving ... we were directed to an overflow car park and on the way I noticed a few BMW's - even a nice new 06 330d m-sport in le mans blue....

Got parked up and noticed a black M3 in front of me. Then I realised that the car next to it was a BMW, as was the car next to that .... and the next .... and the next.

Odd I think ... but then this is a museum for car enthusiasts - so it makes sense.

Wandered down to the entrance and .... it was a BMW Car Club of Great Britain convention.

In the main car park there were at least 50 m3's or various ages, dozens of classics, lots of M5's (but only 1 e60 one), hartge, ac and hamman conversions.

Quite interesting to see. But the highlight was a BTCC car right outside the main entrance - THAT looked fun.

Was anyone else there ?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2006, 11:02 AM   #2
isleaiw
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330d SE, silver with black lea

would have been had I known....
Appreciate 0