E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > 335I

06-22-2009, 11:13 AM   #1
rp718
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i

335I

Well just got my e92 335i back in march. When i first got the car i noticed a pretty rought idle from a cold start, but didnt think much of it and thought it might be normal. Well after about a month and half my engine light came on, and brought it in and they said it was the vanos lines which they replaced. A day later engine light pops up again, so i bring it in and they said they need to replace the injectors. A day later wtf... heres the light again, once again i go back and they said the cylinders were missfiring and they need a regional tech to come in to check out the car.

There reasoning is that there was 15% alcohol in the gas that i was using which caused the cylinders, injectors and the HPFP to fail. Told them that i only used shell 93 from the same station and they said not to use them because all in all it messed up your car.

I live in queens ny and there are not too many shells around and that station is always packed. I tell them how could it be that station, they are always packed with cars, so shouldn't these other vehicles be having problems???

I ask them to compensate me somehow since i just got the car and its been in service for half the time ive had it. They say since the gas you were using cause the damages we actually replaced the part for free when it shouldnt be under warranty because of this so this is how you are being compensated.

Im not one to complain or bitch, but i think this is bull...If anyone had some thought or if im just assed out to do anything possible.

Thanks,

Rich
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2009, 04:27 PM   #2
x5m power
M3 V8 Power "The Last of Best"
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 comp edition

I had the same problem they put a new ecm in and it fixed the problem. New injectors,coils,plugs tested fuel ok compression check, leak down test ok. Keepin my fingers crossed..