Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > UK

BPM

05-30-2009, 09:12 PM   #1
MarcusInSW3
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92 4.0 DCT

Just got my first ever M3

Hi guys,

Picked up my M3 this morning (Saturday), after enduring 18 months of regret from choosing a Mercedes C63 over the M3. Got to say, I am VERY impressed.

Back then I was looking at the M3, the C63, the Audi S5. I decided the S5 wasn't really in the same class, and was really put off the M3 after being bombarded with calls and e-mails from the sales rep. This time I put on my blinkers and went straight to BMW.

I've gone for the following spec:

E92 Coupe
Interlagos Blue with Black Leather
DCT
EDC
19" rims
Comfort access system
Adaptive headlights & high beam assist
F&R Parking
Heated seats
Folding mirrors
High gloss exterior trim
Sun protection glazing
Rear sunblind
Bluetooth
Individual audio system
CD changer & USB
DAB & TV
Black carbon leather interior trim

After putting up with the rather shoddy build quality of my last car, I am really impressed that nothing has fallen off so far.

I think the best feature is the DCT... SO much better than the gearbox in the Mercedes. It seems to be a lot surer of itself, whereas the Merc would sometimes stutter and struggle to find the optimum gear.

One thing I do miss though is the AMG sound. It was an absolute monster compared to the M3, but might go for a custom exhaust a few months down the line. Eisenmann race perhaps?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2009, 09:25 PM   #2
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

welcome. sounds like you made a good choice even if it took you a while to come over to bmw.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2009, 08:20 AM   #3
DonM3
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW e92 M3

Congrats on really nicely specced car.
Eisenmann race is defiently the way to go. My exhaust is 1 week away from delivery from Germany.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2009, 08:53 AM   #4
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonM3 View Post
My exhaust is 1 week away from delivery from Germany.
Mmm, you hope!!!! You better not get yours before me Don!!!!!
      05-31-2009, 01:07 PM   #5
MarcusInSW3
Rep

Hi, thanks for the welcome.

So you think the Eisenmann Race is the way to go?

I've seen it available online with free fitting in London NW8 for £1,591.16 including VAT. Is this a good price?
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2009, 05:43 PM   #6
DonM3
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW e92 M3

Me and bmwbailey are getting ours from Evolve Tuning. I recommend them if your willing to travel to luton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusInSW3 View Post

I've seen it available online with free fitting in London NW8 for £1,591.16 including VAT. Is this a good price?
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2009, 09:26 PM   #7
m3p40
Private
Rep
Drives: M3 E92

congrats!! and yeah i think if you put the eisenmann race on you'll be really happy. its a great sound and its not obnoxiously loud
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2009, 07:30 AM   #8
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:

Does that price include the connecting link pipes?? If you dont get the link pipes you will need to cut your stock exhaust.
      06-01-2009, 09:00 AM   #9
MarcusInSW3
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbailey View Post
Does that price include the connecting link pipes?? If you dont get the link pipes you will need to cut your stock exhaust.
I have just called them to confirm.... No it doesn't. They've quoted me the following:
- Eisenmann Race - £1,591.16
- Eisenmann connecting pipes - £362.60
- Delivery - £45.00
- Fitting - £105.00

Good price or rip off?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2009, 11:28 AM   #10
M3Kernow
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 Silverstone M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3p40 View Post
congrats!! and yeah i think if you put the eisenmann race on you'll be really happy. its a great sound and its not obnoxiously loud
Haven't you got that wrong? Isn't the "Race" the loudest system they manufacture?

Quote:
I have just called them to confirm.... No it doesn't. They've quoted me the following:
- Eisenmann Race - £1,591.16
- Eisenmann connecting pipes - £362.60
- Delivery - £45.00
- Fitting - £105.00

Good price or rip off?
Not bad pricing. Who is that going through? I'm really unsure of what to order? Why are these E-Race exhausts taking so long to get to the UK from Germany, how long a wait have you been quoted?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2009, 11:42 AM   #11
MarcusInSW3
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Kernow View Post
Haven't you got that wrong? Isn't the "Race" the loudest system they manufacture?

Not bad pricing. Who is that going through? I'm really unsure of what to order? Why are these E-Race exhausts taking so long to get to the UK from Germany, how long a wait have you been quoted?
It's through CA Automotive. I've been told that each exhaust is custom built to order, and it would take 4 weeks max from ordering to delivery at their workshop, then once confirmation of delivery is received it's a case of booking the car in for the fitting (which takes about an hour apparently).

I'm only about 40 mins from their workshop in NW9, so it shouldn't be too long a wait to get it fitted.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2009, 12:16 PM   #12
M3Kernow
Private
Rep

Quote:
It's through CA Automotive. I've been told that each exhaust is custom built to order, and it would take 4 weeks max from ordering to delivery at their workshop, then once confirmation of delivery is received it's a case of booking the car in for the fitting (which takes about an hour apparently).

I'm only about 40 mins from their workshop in NW9, so it shouldn't be too long a wait to get it fitted.
Custom Built? The system isn't custom for M3 or is it? Were you able to state pipe diameter or tip configuration or something? But there's no doubt you'll be getting a good exhaust though they, do manufacture the Brabus and AMG systems!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2009, 12:18 PM   #13
M3Kernow
Private
Rep

Is the Race version TUV approved?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2009, 12:52 PM   #14
M3Kernow
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbailey View Post
As of this weds i will have been waiting 4 weeks for my Eisenmann Race to arrive - bloody pain in the arse - i hate waiting!!! And i bet it wont be ready for me to collect on weds!!
I am so impatient too! Especially when its 4 weeks! Fair enough they say they are built to order but 4 weeks for back boxes, they are having a giraffe!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2009, 01:07 PM   #15
MarcusInSW3
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Kernow View Post
Custom Built? The system isn't custom for M3 or is it? Were you able to state pipe diameter or tip configuration or something? But there's no doubt you'll be getting a good exhaust though they, do manufacture the Brabus and AMG systems!
As far as I'm aware it's custom for an M3. Yes, you can state diameter and tip config, but I think if I was to go for one, I'd go for what's in the pics and on youtube; round 83mm.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2009, 01:43 PM   #16
M3Kernow
Private
Rep

I wouldn't mind going with one of the big dogs.....

Hartge:

Racing Dynamics:

Hamann:

What do you guys think? Hamann sounds really feeble IMOA
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2009, 01:49 PM   #17
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 Eurocharged C63 AMG

Quote:
Hi guys,

Picked up my M3 this morning (Saturday), after enduring 18 months of regret from choosing a Mercedes C63 over the M3. Got to say, I am VERY impressed.

Back then I was looking at the M3, the C63, the Audi S5. I decided the S5 wasn't really in the same class, and was really put off the M3 after being bombarded with calls and e-mails from the sales rep. This time I put on my blinkers and went straight to BMW.

I've gone for the following spec:

E92 Coupe
Interlagos Blue with Black Leather
DCT
EDC
19" rims
Comfort access system
Adaptive headlights & high beam assist
F&R Parking
Heated seats
Folding mirrors
High gloss exterior trim
Sun protection glazing
Rear sunblind
Bluetooth
Individual audio system
CD changer & USB
DAB & TV
Black carbon leather interior trim

After putting up with the rather shoddy build quality of my last car, I am really impressed that nothing has fallen off so far.

I think the best feature is the DCT... SO much better than the gearbox in the Mercedes. It seems to be a lot surer of itself, whereas the Merc would sometimes stutter and struggle to find the optimum gear.

One thing I do miss though is the AMG sound. It was an absolute monster compared to the M3, but might go for a custom exhaust a few months down the line. Eisenmann race perhaps?
Welcome to the forum. Good luck with the new car. I don't want to turn this thread into a M3 Vs C63 discussion as this forum is filled with numerous post and threads on the subject. However am I missing something here. When you were comparing all 3 cars (M3 S5 C63) you dismissed the S5 because (I'm assuming now) lack of performance which I can see being a valid issue. However you dismissed the M3 because you were getting numerous calls and emails from you CA So you decided to purchase a C63 over all 3 simply based on the exhaust of the car? The reason I say this is your OP offered no other reason for you choosing the C63 initially. I just don't see the logic in buying a car it seemed you weren't completely sold on from the start. Then waiting 18 months to unload it and get wacked with the HUGE depreciation your car took in that short time of ownership. It probably would been in your best interest to have change BMW dealerships you were dealing with and bought an aftermarket exhaust from the beginning.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2009, 01:59 PM   #18
M3Kernow
Private
Rep

Trying to get pricing together to help make my decision.

Hartge from Birds:

Stainless Steel Rear Silencers
Application : M3, TUV Version
Installation cost : £174.40
Parts cost : £2,000.00

Does anyone know if this includes S-Pipes or just the silencer boxes?

Racing Dynamics:

Awaiting email bk from Racing Dynamics UK

Hamann:

Awaiting an email bk from Autovogue

Anyone already had the pricing for the ones i'm waiting to hear back from?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2009, 02:11 PM   #19
MarcusInSW3
Rep

M3Kernow... Out of the three I'd go for the Hartge, but I'd still choose the Eisenmann over it.

MikeG... It wasn't JUST the bombardment of calls from the BMW sales rep... It was a really close call when it came to making the decision (and the wife had some input too). At first I didn't regret it in the slightest, but after the novelty wore off, certain things started to annoy me... the endlessly shifting gearbox & a fault with the stereo to name but two reasons.

The depreciation wasn't as Bad as I thought it was going to be...I payed 59.5 for it, and sold it privately for 48.5. (13,200 miles)

In hindsight, what you suggested would have been the best course of action, but we can all have 20/20 vision once the event has passed.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2009, 02:20 PM   #20
M3Kernow
Private
Rep

Quote:
M3Kernow... Out of the three I'd go for the Hartge, but I'd still choose the Eisenmann over it.
Hmmm....I like it a lot but I think the RD exhaust has a much classier sound and tone to it. I go to a lot of business meetings in my car and the last thing I want is to sound like a boy racer.

Lets see what pricing i can get then i'll make my decision.

You still think E-Race then? 4 weeks is quite a wait!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2009, 02:21 PM   #21
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 Eurocharged C63 AMG

Quote:

MikeG... It wasn't JUST the bombardment of calls from the BMW sales rep... It was a really close call when it came to making the decision (and the wife had some input too). At first I didn't regret it in the slightest, but after the novelty wore off, certain things started to annoy me... the endlessly shifting gearbox & a fault with the stereo to name but two reasons.

The depreciation wasn't as Bad as I thought it was going to be...I payed 59.5 for it, and sold it privately for 48.5. (13,200 miles)

In hindsight, what you suggested would have been the best course of action, but we can all have 20/20 vision once the event has passed.
Fair enough Your feedback explained the situation more.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2009, 02:24 PM   #22
m3p40
Private
Rep
Drives: M3 E92

[QUOTE=M3Kernow;5239099]Haven't you got that wrong? Isn't the "Race" the loudest system they manufacture?

ahh sorry about that meant to type "sport" not "race"
Appreciate 0