E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Brake service? (Again in 2 month after new set of brakes)

05-27-2009, 12:24 PM   #1
assangflexx
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 318i 2006

Exclamation Brake service? (Again in 2 month after new set of brakes)

Hi,

My father has a BMW E90 320d of 2006. Now around 60.000 KM history :P

In March, i replaced the rear brakes (Not official dealer but my friends dad has his own garage). His father ordered original BMW brakes with original sensors for the brakes.

I replaced the rear brakes with new sensors (Cause they wore out).
After i replaced those things, i reset the service warning (DOH!!!)

This afternoon (Netherlands time 6 PM) i went to sport school. When i start the car to drive home suddenly it says, you have to go to a service spot. Replace the brakes.
YES LOL,
WHICH BRAKES!!! Cause system didn't say which one (front or rear).

I went checking the system, the system says, everything is OK. I can ride with front brakes 14.000 KM and rear Brakes now 60.000 KM.

So thought maybe sensor went faulty or system is freaking out. So turned car off, and on (didn't start the engine) and tried to reset the service message. LOL, the Yellow Triangle appears, released the reset odo meter (correct word?) and there is nothing, or none services that i can reset.
Drove a few meters en tried softly to brake. Brakes working ok (I'm very carefull about my dads car Have my license for about 4 months now).

So drove carefully home.

Now I'm afraid what to do now, (No my dad ain't gonna kill me )
Should i go to Official dealer then, and explain I replaced on my own with my friends dad (official non-bmw dealer).?
Or is this something that will disappear in the morning.
Well, in the beginning of this year, while my father was driving suddenly the system said that the traction control failed, power steering failed, and possible right frontwheel hasn't enough air. We stopped on a parking lot, restart engine, all gone. Maybe our bmw system is going to die???

Hope you guys can help me.

(Sorry for bad english grammar)

VishalD
Appreciate 0