E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Huper Optik Drei tint

08-06-2006, 05:22 PM   #1
bobnaz
BMWCCA/NASA
Rep
Drives: E92 Coupe ZP/ZS/Dinan ECU+Exh

Garage List
1999 M3  [0.00]
2007 ZSP ZPP Step a ...  [0.00]
Huper Optik Drei tint

What are you guys paying for this tint?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2006, 09:30 PM   #2
irowharderthanyou
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330i TiAg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnaz
What are you guys paying for this tint?
Drei is a metallic tint and could "possibly" interfere with radio reception and/or different electronics with the car. I would suggest a ceramic tint such as Huper Optik Ceramic, FormulaOne Pinnacle, or Madico ceramic. I personally got the madico ceramic (lifetime warranty) and am thrilled with it. It is supposed to be on par with HO and a little bit cheaper. HO is more expensive to install because it is a much thicker film and, therefore, harder to work with. As for your original question, I have heard of people paying about 500-700 for the Drei. The HO ceramic would be 400-500. I personally paid 290 for my madico ceramic tint and am glad I went with it. Hope this helps.

EDIT: I see you are from AZ. I've heard that prices can be high there.
      08-07-2006, 01:52 AM   #3
tl_boy
Major
Rep
Drives: tl

madico ch should be good. I have HO Stark (ceramic). I wish I got a darker tint, cuz it gets very hot in Houston, and I'm sure AZ is the same.

If you don't care for reception, consider Drei, its the best at blocking heat period. Otherwise, get the HO Stark. I got mine installed for like $320.

E90 Mods (work in progress): Euro Xenon Headlamps, 19" ASA AR-1's with Toyo T1R 235 fronts and 275 rears, Breyton style front spoiler, Breyton style rear spoiler, Huper Optik 40% Tint, TiAG with Black 'ette and Aluminum trim, Chrome grills, chrome exhaust, Hartge lowering springs, PMB Hyperwhites.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2006, 08:02 AM   #4
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Where can I find Huper Optik, FormulaOne Pinnacle, or Madico installers? The majority of the shops I've checked out either don't know what kind of tint they use or, they use Solar Guard.

Nobody I've talked with has even heard of HO.
      08-07-2006, 10:05 AM   #5
tl_boy
Major
Rep
Drives: tl

Try calling/emailing them for a distributor in your area. Then contact the distributor, they would know for sure who can install it.

USA
Hüper Optik USA
Tel 1-832-4671170
Fax 1-832-4671190
Email info@huperoptikusa.com
Web www.huperoptikusa.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmulax
Where can I find Huper Optik, FormulaOne Pinnacle, or Madico installers? The majority of the shops I've checked out either don't know what kind of tint they use or, they use Solar Guard.

E90 Mods (work in progress): Euro Xenon Headlamps, 19" ASA AR-1's with Toyo T1R 235 fronts and 275 rears, Breyton style front spoiler, Breyton style rear spoiler, Huper Optik 40% Tint, TiAG with Black 'ette and Aluminum trim, Chrome grills, chrome exhaust, Hartge lowering springs, PMB Hyperwhites.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2006, 01:25 PM   #6
BK
Smiling politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [9.00]
Quote:
I got FormulaONE Pinnacle on my car and I like it. Like the HO ceramic, it's more expensive than the metallic tint, though. "Locate a dealer" is a link on their site: http://www.formulaone.com/
      08-08-2006, 01:07 AM   #7
AComp
Too Beaucoup
Rep
Drives: '06 325i SG/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK
I got FormulaONE Pinnacle on my car and I like it. Like the HO ceramic, it's more expensive than the metallic tint, though. "Locate a dealer" is a link on their site: http://www.formulaone.com/
There are no HO installers in my area, so I went with F1 Pinnacle.

Very satisfied! I got the 35%. Do a search on Pinnacle and/or FormulaOne and you'll find many satisfied customers.
      08-08-2006, 07:53 AM   #8
NovaBimmer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Jet Black e90 325i 6MT

Quote:

Dude, do you get a lot of beef for driving a German car in Detroit?
      08-08-2006, 09:24 AM   #9
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaBimmer
Dude, do you get a lot of beef for driving a German car in Detroit?
It's either one extreme or the other.

In the three weeks I've owned my car; I've had people slow down and wave me over ahead of them (my lane was ending and I had to merge), and received a "thumps-up" from people both driving as well as walking down the sidewalk.

I've also been glared at, cut off, and given the finger.
I guess it just depends on who you run into.
      08-08-2006, 01:55 PM   #10
NovaBimmer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Jet Black e90 325i 6MT

Quote:
It's either one extreme or the other.

In the three weeks I've owned my car; I've had people slow down and wave me over ahead of them (my lane was ending and I had to merge), and received a "thumps-up" from people both driving as well as walking down the sidewalk.

I've also been glared at, cut off, and given the finger.
I guess it just depends on who you run into.
Yeah, I have family in Rochester Hills, and they drive Mercedes. I guess its OK in that area. But when my uncle had a lexus a few years back, it got keyed in Detroit. As you said, it depends on the people.
      08-08-2006, 02:38 PM   #11
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaBimmer
Yeah, I have family in Rochester Hills, and they drive Mercedes. I guess its OK in that area. But when my uncle had a lexus a few years back, it got keyed in Detroit. As you said, it depends on the people.
Yeah.. fortunately I live/work/spend most of my time in the nicer areas where the luxury cars nearly outnumber the Chevys and Fords, so people aren't aggressive because of the type of car. Rather they're just generally inconsiderate and rude because they're all so self absorbed.

I've yet to take my BMW down to Detroit; when I do, I may take a page from my buddies book. He had a new CLK 430, took a $20 ripped it in half, and gave part to a bum telling him to make sure nothing happens to the car. At the end of the night, we came out of the bar to find the bum sitting on the sidewalk next to the car waiting for the rest of the $20.