BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Mporium BMW

04-30-2009, 11:07 AM   #1
Mystic195
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 MG/Black M3-IN PRODUCTION

A simple 1200 Miles Service and they damage my car!!!!

Well I am furious right now at our local dealership and need some advice!!! I took our car in for its 1200 mile service yesterday. After leaving the car at the dealership for the whole day I picked it up around 5:30. My wife and I went to dinner right after that and when I went to open the door for her I noticed the right rear rim was curbed bad!!!!! Someone at the dealership smacked something with the tire and ground down the rim. We went back to the dealership and talked to my sales guy who gave me the managers number who has not called me back. I don't really know where to take it from here but its absolutely ridiculous that you can't even leave your car with a dealership for a simple service without it being damaged!!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2009, 01:05 AM   #2
Buffalo
10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic195 View Post
Well I am furious right now at our local dealership and need some advice!!! I took our car in for its 1200 mile service yesterday. After leaving the car at the dealership for the whole day I picked it up around 5:30. My wife and I went to dinner right after that and when I went to open the door for her I noticed the right rear rim was curbed bad!!!!! Someone at the dealership smacked something with the tire and ground down the rim. We went back to the dealership and talked to my sales guy who gave me the managers number who has not called me back. I don't really know where to take it from here but its absolutely ridiculous that you can't even leave your car with a dealership for a simple service without it being damaged!!
Call BMW North America customer care
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2009, 02:38 AM   #3
donnynsc
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2010 GT-R Black Edition DMG

My previous 335i got 3 wheels kerbed by dealer when the car was book in for a warranty repair. Yours sounds not too bad, one wheels against three...
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2009, 11:51 AM   #4
louie_perm
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: *

With my previous 335xi, I ended up with a dent in the top of my left front fender while in for service. They took it out and polished it for free--after I found it. They were going to let it go until I showed it to them, and I'm sure whoever did it knew it--probably a dropped tool.

I do a walk around before leaving the dealership, and then do a more comprehensive one when I get home. I always have to clean grease off the seats, armrests, doors, steering wheel, etc. when I get home anyway. Just did it yesterday, after having my 1,200 mile service done the day before.

It's a shame, but I'm just glad when there is no damage done, and all I have to do is clean up after them. I don't let the dealership wash it either--a recipe for scratches, which I found out the hard way.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 05:48 PM   #5
Eliminator
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 SSII 6M, '87 911

Stay out of the dealerships. Rule no. 1 in my book. Way toooo many bad stories to risk it.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 05:51 PM   #6
modbargains
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335i & 01 Toyota Avalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliminator View Post
Stay out of the dealerships. Rule no. 1 in my book. Way toooo many bad stories to risk it.
Warranty claims at the local jiffy lube?

Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 07:45 PM   #7
BMWM.D.
Stupid Idiot
Rep
Drives: E90 335i & 6th Gen ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by **********s View Post
Warranty claims at the local jiffy lube?

That is for sure, haha! Then you can have some 16 year old kid do your oil change for you with a guarantee of a damaged oil drain plug or stripped pan. Cannot tell you how many of these I have encountered.