BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

EXXEL Distributions

04-29-2009, 11:01 AM   #1
Buffalo
10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

BMW North America Complaint

Greetings,

I was wondering if anyone here has ever contacted BMW of NA before regarding any service issues that couldn't be resolved at your dealer. My situation is I had the BMW alarm installed on my M3 for only $200 (Labor and coding), and my service advisor said the upgrade 33.1 (or higher) wouldn't be available for another month. Being military, I left for Hawaii two weeks later. There is only one BMW dealership on Oahu, and any BMW owner is pretty much at the mercy of their substandard customer service. The SA at BMW Honolulu had told me my car was up to date, and there were no new upgrades. Recently, my I-Drive has been lagging badly, and I thought maybe there was a correlation to the alarm. I contacted my SA in California and he told me BMW of Honolulu was lazy, and gave me the specific name of the software upgrade and offered to speak to my SA in Hawaii. To make a long story short, BMW Honolulu blew me off and said my car was up to date.

I just got off the phone with BMW Customer Relations (800-332-4269) and they told me they would handle the case and that they deal with service advisor issues all the time. I was wondering if anyone here had gone that far to get an issue resolved. I am just a little worried now that when I bring my car in for service, they're just going to beat the shit out it (metaphorically) because im "that guy" who called upper management on them.

Last edited by Buffalo; 07-08-2009 at 01:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2009, 11:29 AM   #2
tunawi7cheese
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Power by dead dinosaurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo View Post
Greetings,

I was wondering if anyone here has ever contacted BMW of NA before regarding any service issues that couldn't be resolved at your dealer. My situation is I had the BMW alarm installed on my M3 for only $200 (Labor and coding), and my service advisor said the upgrade 33.1 (or higher) wouldn't be available for another month. Being military, I left for Hawaii two weeks later. There is only one BMW dealership on Oahu, and any BMW owner is pretty much at the mercy of their substandard customer service. The SA at BMW Honolulu had told me my car was up to date, and there were no new upgrades. Recently, my I-Drive has been lagging badly, and I thought maybe there was a correlation to the alarm. I contacted my SA in California and he told me BMW of Honolulu was lazy, and gave me the specific name of the software upgrade and offered to speak to my SA in Hawaii. To make a long story short, BMW Honolulu blew me off and said my car was up to date.

I just got off the phone with BMW Customer Relations (800-332-4269) and they told me they would handle the case and that they deal with service advisor issues all the time. I was wondering if anyone here had gone that far to get an issue resolved. I am just a little worried now that when I bring my car in for service, they're just going to beat the shit out it (metaphorically) because im "that guy" who called upper management on them.
I'm sorry but F* that SA. I hate the fact that people that works at BMW dealership acts like they own the F*ing place. Such arrogant. We're buying $70K cars and they act like they're doing us a favor for providing service. Such A**hole.

Anyways, check with the local enthusiast there and maybe they can recommend a better SA to you. That really blows, but I think you did the right thing. I hope you get your software upgrade.

Melborne Red 08' E90 M3 6spd
Hockenheim Silver 20' F87 M2 CS MDCT
White 21' Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2009, 11:44 AM   #3
Buffalo
10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Appreciate the support, like I said though, im at the mercy of one dealership that has like only 4 or 5 service advisors. In California it was awesome, they competed for your business, gave you loaners, constantly gave you updates, the works. In Hawaii, your pretty much their bit*c. I'm just so surprised how easily they blew me off by saying "we ran all our tests, your car is up to date" when one of them even witnessed a discrepancy with the i-drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvd.kevin View Post
I'm sorry but F* that SA. I hate the fact that people that works at BMW dealership acts like they own the F*ing place. Such arrogant. We're buying $70K cars and they act like they're doing us a favor for providing service. Such A**hole.

Anyways, check with the local enthusiast there and maybe they can recommend a better SA to you. That really blows, but I think you did the right thing. I hope you get your software upgrade.
Appreciate 0