BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

BPM

04-22-2009, 04:31 PM   #1
aggie57
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2.0d X3, 2009 997 Carrera S

Day at Phillip Island

Guys - I had my track day at Phillip Island yesterday. A lot of fun albeit a bit short (we started at 9am and were done by 3pm) and there was no in car tuition which was what I really wanted.

The instructors were Steve Pizzati, Luke Youlden, Dean Canto and Ian someone. Good guys all. Porsche also supplied a mechanic for the day who quietly looked after tyre pressures and checked cars all day. That was a great service.

In the morning we did 3 exercises which where swerve and recover, an out and back slalom (at speed - a lot of fun!!) and a very simple wet corner slide. In the afternoon it was basicly open track sessions. The only rule was no passing without signals but as there were only 6-8 cars on the circuit that was not an issue.

I did two 15 minute sessions in the afternoon without incident. The highest speed I saw on the dial was 226km/h with 160-180km/h at other places on the track. So it was very much a speed day!

The car was as you'd expect - very capable, very fast for a standard road car and absolutely ran like a swiss watch. Just needs a wash now.

All in all a great day.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2009, 05:28 PM   #2
LuKe450
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 DCT

Sounds awesome aggie!

Do you have any pics you can share?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2009, 05:29 PM   #3
Androo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 AW DCT

Morning Aggie,

Sounds like you had fun. Were you driving on the Monash fwy at around 7 -7.15am y/day morning? I passed a porsche near the exit onto Citylink. It looked like your car. I think there was a female passenger?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2009, 07:12 PM   #4
OzStriker
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Ford Falcon Ute, Ducati 1198S

Garage List
Sounds fantastic!

Aggie was this organised through the Porsche Club?

I am keen to get the car out to Phillip Island (having done a couple of BMW days out there now)...
BMW E92 M3 6MT, G-Power SKII supercharged, custom exhaust with 100 cell cats and Remus Sport mufflers, Brembo 380mm BBK, BMW Performance steering wheel, LUX H8 angel eyes, CF CSL boot, Hamann CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF lip, CF grilles, CF gills, CF bonnet vents, BMW Performance stripes, RAC RG63 wheels, Eibach lowering springs, camber modifications.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2009, 07:35 PM   #5
aggie57
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2.0d X3, 2009 997 Carrera S

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuKe450 View Post
Sounds awesome aggie!

Do you have any pics you can share?
Not yet - my neighbour was there and took some plus some video but I haven't seen them yet. I'll post some pics when I get them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androo View Post
Morning Aggie,

Sounds like you had fun. Were you driving on the Monash fwy at around 7 -7.15am y/day morning? I passed a porsche near the exit onto Citylink. It looked like your car. I think there was a female passenger?
Not me - by then I was south of Cranbourne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzStriker View Post
Sounds fantastic!

Aggie was this organised through the Porsche Club?

I am keen to get the car out to Phillip Island (having done a couple of BMW days out there now)...
Organised through Porsche Cars Australia. It was part of their driver education program.

But as a member of the BMW club did you know you can enter events from any other CAMS affiliated club? I've been a member of the Alfa club for many years and they often have BMW club members enter - see http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/compon...iew/extid,205/ for details of their next PI event. Lots of track time.....
Appreciate 0