E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Got my new 323i, but dealer got it wrong...

07-18-2006, 06:21 AM   #1
shackwee23
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 323i

Got my new 323i, but dealer got it wrong...

I got the new 323i last week. SG, 2.5-litre, manual, sunroof, sports suspension, star spoke 159 (the best one can get, that can have snow-chains fitted when at the snow). Everything is going great.

The only gripe I have is the dealer put on a 35% tint without talking to me first, due to a miscommunication within the dealership. I did express I want a light tint, because I thought it suits a SG car. Anyway, the dealer replaced it with a 50% tint three days later, due to it being over a weekend. Naturally I am not happy about the whole thing. A brand new car with tint put on and then replaced… like, rip, steam, scrape, whatever … in an ideal world, I would just ask for another car but then in reality one would have to wait for months…

Now, when I look at my rear view mirror at night I get what appears to be large reflection of light from the cars behind on the rear window, along where the window de-mister wire is. Is that normal?

I guess I will just have to follow the dealer’s advice and wait 2-3 weeks for “any small tint bubbles” to disappear, and see if the rear window problem goes away. In the meantime, I would be interested in hearing of similar experiences.
      07-18-2006, 07:46 AM   #2
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

in an ideal world? that's your fantasy world dude, in the real world, your dealer wouldn't even entertain the possibility of thinking about maybe giving you a brand new car for that.... you're out of your mind, it's tint, they pry the door panel a bit, spray on some soapy solution, slap the tint film on, oops, wrong one, no problem, scrape it off, put on a new one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shackwee23
in an ideal world, I would just ask for another car but then in reality one would have to wait for months…
it's normal, let it settle, it'll be fine in a few weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shackwee23
Now, when I look at my rear view mirror at night I get what appears to be large reflection of light from the cars behind on the rear window, along where the window de-mister wire is. Is that normal?