E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > BMW dealership in San Diego

04-05-2009, 09:45 PM   #1
SenoritaAVA
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 328i

BMW dealership in San Diego

Hello, I was actually wondering do you guys recommend a service advisor/Dealership in the san diego area... I got my vehicle from BMW of san diego but i have heard their service department sucks. Does anybody know if they offer rental cars also? & are they POS like camry's lol.

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2009, 12:40 AM   #2
mwscircle
Banned
Rep
Drives: e90, e30, 993, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenoritaAVA View Post
Hello, I was actually wondering do you guys recommend a service advisor/Dealership in the san diego area... I got my vehicle from BMW of san diego but i have heard their service department sucks. Does anybody know if they offer rental cars also? & are they POS like camry's lol.

Thank you!
what do you need done? I can probably hook you up the right way give me a pm
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2009, 12:48 AM   #3
iheartsole
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08 335i coupe

i think its a good dealer. yeah they offer rental cars.i dont know how it works , but im sure they will give you a bmw as a loaner car. somestimes you will get a camery just depends on whats available or your service advisor. last time i took my mom cars for service they gave me a z4
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2009, 01:40 AM   #4
platano
Platano
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Duane Bjerk is a good person to deal with over there. He always deals with my car and so far he is the best customer service i gotten.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2009, 11:24 AM   #5
isugoo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

I was wondering same thing. So BMW of San Diego is pretty decent?
I think BMW of Encinitas will be another one but the dealership is tiny.

PAST: F80 M3 ZCP | 911.1 C2S | F10 M5 ZCP | E70 X5M | E90 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2009, 11:37 AM   #6
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenoritaAVA View Post

Thank you!
how is a camry a POS?
      04-06-2009, 04:27 PM   #7
hasrice
MOAR POWERRRR
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

what are your guy's opinion about bretch bmw in escondido?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2009, 05:19 PM   #8
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Weird, i wrote a longass response last night, and thought that i posted it, but apparently not. ill try again without FAIL.

There are 4 dealers in SD that i know of.
1. Brecht in Escondido
2. BMW of San Diego
3. Encinitas BMW
4. Whatever the name of the one in El Cajon

Bought my car at Brecht. Top notch dealer. Great experience.
But i live in UTC, so my next choice in BMW of San Diego.

What can i say. The place is a complete zoo. At all times. Since it is centrally located everyone and their mother goes there, so it is super busy. Took my car there 3 times.
First 2 times managed to get BMW loaners... well....$25 rentals, rather. Both were absolutely filthy (im talking melted M&M's all over the seats), as they were just returned by other customers. 3rd time i was not as lucky and got a Camry. Kinda clean but an absolutely ridiculous ride with horrific handling, compared to my E92. Last two times previous customers left their personal shit in the cars. Once i had to drive back to drop off some lady's keys, and the other time dealer sent someone over to pick up GPS that the customer left in the trunk of the Camry. First two visits ended up waiting for a loaner for almost 2 hours, 3rd visit was much quicker.

SA's. I had a different one every time i've been there, but all of them were cool. No complaints here. On my first visit i got pretty much blown off because they did not think the problem with my stereo was a problem (freaking thing hiccups between songs on mixed CDs. Factory or not. It does it all the time and drives me fucking crazy). Shop foreman promised to call me back, which never happened. 2nd visit was for faulty alarm motion sensor. No problems here. 3rd one for 1 year service, but the work order only said that they changed oil, oil filter and checked the "vitals". Not sure what else is supposed to be done, if anything.

I don't know, some of this could scare some people off, but i'm not too picky, so i'd say overall experience was good, except for the wobbly-ass Camry...

When i bought the car at Brecht they said that their loaners are only BMW's, but its a 30 min drive for me.
      04-06-2009, 06:13 PM   #9
JMeezee
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E90 SG 335i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
I've never gotten a BMW loaner from BMW of San Diego. When I dropped my off last Friday morning, all they had in the loaner line was Toyotas. I saw Camry's, Priuses and the absolute best, bottom-of-the-line Corollas!

I drove around in a no-power doors no-power windows Corolla all weekend. To top it off, they scraped the bottom of my front lip! Whatevs, it was already scraped by me anyway...

2007 SG E90 335i: OEM Spoiler / Hartge Replica lip / M-Tech Sides and Rear / ACS Replica roof spoiler / Blacklines / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / Koni Yellows / 19" Miro M6 Reps / Modded CDV / 35-20 Tint / LUX 3.0 / MTEC Fogs / Stealth Turn Signals / OEM Leather Short Shift knob / NO TUNE YET so I drive slow
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2009, 06:40 PM   #10
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
haha, they tried to put me in a Corolla, but fortunately the guy in front of me was getting 2 cars (have no idea why), so i got "upgraded" (not even sure if this word applies over here) to Camry

I wonder if I'm going to get a call telling me that from now on i should take my car elsewhere
      04-06-2009, 07:12 PM   #11
cbad335
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 335i

Garage List
Encinitas BMW will give BMW loaners if you call for an appointment in advance. Usually it's a 328 sedan, which is a fine loaner.

| 6MT | ZSP | ZPP |
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 12:39 PM   #12
hasrice
MOAR POWERRRR
United_States
Rep

I gotta schedule an appointment to have my dashboard checked out. There this annoying rattling noise that is bugging the shit out of me. Only 6 months old too. If it was a honda i'd understand but damn, the cabin's quiet enough to hear a pin drop.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 12:53 PM   #13
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

lol you guys are funny, youre all telling me that you all started off with bmws and never owned toyotas hondas nissans vws?

you guys are soo spoiled...be happy youre getting a loaner and not paying for an enterprise vehicle which are usually falling apart

sorry but my toyotas have and will outlast our precious bmws
      04-07-2009, 01:05 PM   #14
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
lol you guys are funny, youre all telling me that you all started off with bmws and never owned toyotas hondas nissans vws?

you guys are soo spoiled...be happy youre getting a loaner and not paying for an enterprise vehicle which are usually falling apart

we are NOT getting "loaners", we are getting $25 rentals.
and yes, we've owned toyotas, hondas and even Ford Festivas, but we've graduated from all that and now driving something better, so when we drop off our cars for service we don't want to travel back in times to our college years and the cars we drove back then.

Also, sometimes repairs may take over a week and people end up driving subcompacts, while still paying up the ass for the BMW that is sitting at the shop. At least give us a comparable car. Hell, ill take a VW over Camry any day.
      04-07-2009, 01:09 PM   #15
JMeezee
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E90 SG 335i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasrice View Post
I gotta schedule an appointment to have my dashboard checked out. There this annoying rattling noise that is bugging the shit out of me. Only 6 months old too. If it was a honda i'd understand but damn, the cabin's quiet enough to hear a pin drop.
Had the same issue - take it in and they'll most likely insert some felt tape somewhere in the dash to quiet the rattling. Worked for me!

Quote:

Meh, I drove a 98 Civic for 8 years and it didn't make the rattling noises that my bimmer that cost 3 times as much was making. Anyhow, yes, the Toyotas that I got were in better shape than an Enterprise rental, but the fact that I still had to pay $25 bucks for them (bimmer or not) was annoying.

2007 SG E90 335i: OEM Spoiler / Hartge Replica lip / M-Tech Sides and Rear / ACS Replica roof spoiler / Blacklines / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / Koni Yellows / 19" Miro M6 Reps / Modded CDV / 35-20 Tint / LUX 3.0 / MTEC Fogs / Stealth Turn Signals / OEM Leather Short Shift knob / NO TUNE YET so I drive slow
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 01:14 PM   #16
hasrice
MOAR POWERRRR
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I guess my resposn could be misunderstood. I drove a 93 Honda prelude up until last Oct. Hence the honda reference.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 01:29 PM   #17
Bluesummer
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: slower than Ayrton Senna

Garage List
2017 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2011 E82 135  [0.00]
2011 M3  [0.00]