BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-26-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
Yearofthe1
An ex-addict :-(
Rep
Drives: VFR1200F

Question F.A.T.T. on 3/27 anyone?

Anyone else going to FATT at Summit Point Raceway tomorrow, 3/27?

I'll be up there with another 1er owner. RSVP if you want to caravan there on our "special" route!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We search for certainty and call what we find destiny. Everything is possible, yet only one thing happens.
-Michael and Ellen Kaplan
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 09:09 PM   #2
jlee
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2CS+GTS Targa+RRS SVR

make sure you changed your brake fluid to a racing fluid. i only lasted two sessions during my last fatt

jeff
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 09:18 PM   #3
Yearofthe1
An ex-addict :-(
Rep
Drives: VFR1200F

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlee View Post
make sure you changed your brake fluid to a racing fluid. i only lasted two sessions during my last fatt

jeff
I went last year with about the same weather as we'll have tomorrow and didn't have any probs. I will definitely be changing it before the May 1st event though. Hope to see you there sometime!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We search for certainty and call what we find destiny. Everything is possible, yet only one thing happens.
-Michael and Ellen Kaplan
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2009, 10:54 PM   #4
white911
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135I - white/coral red - sport

Year,
Nice meeting you today. Sorry I did not get there sooner. JLee's suggestion on fluid was a good one. We require that you change it within the last 90 days unless you are using racing fluid like ATE Blue, Gold, Motul, SRF then the requirement goes up to 6 months. Brake fluid being hygroscopic starts absorbing moisture as soon as you open the can. The more water it absorbs, the lower your boiling point. Last year I found the brakes to marginal due to pads; but the car was less then two months old, and the fluid held up. May not have to worry about it though as I think the stock pads will fade well before the fluid.

Sorry I did not get to talk to the other driver. I was planning on being out there to instruct; but, I did not get away from home until after noon. Let me know when you are going out there again.

Also, I am going to start another open event thread -- two events, one is Audi Club at VIR, April 20 and 21 and two Mid Ohio, May 8-10. Looking for drivers in all run groups.

Appreciate 0
      03-28-2009, 10:04 PM   #5
jlee
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2CS+GTS Targa+RRS SVR

Yeah the first time I was there, I totally cooked by brakes. I'm not going back until I can get rid of the runflats, and change the fluids and pads.

Jeff
Appreciate 0