E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Got a speeding ticket

03-23-2009, 12:50 AM   #1
JeepJeep
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep
Drives: everywhere

Got a speeding ticket

Okay, i know i have very small amount of posts so it looks like im just trolling but im not. Here to stay

Anyways, about a month and a half ago i got a speeding ticket while on the 101. I was originally going 84 in a 65 (passing some dumb fuck civic doing 60 in the fast lane with no one around) going down a large turning hill. Next thing i know i see the cop and bam wam im pulled over. Okay so heres where things start to get interesting.

First off I was very apologetic saying i got carried away and i didnt realize how fast i was going etc etc (it was a large hill) and he seemed to be immune to everything im saying. He comes back and says i put you in for 74 in a 65 etc., so i was happy.

Now i know this is extremely lucky to get 10 mph knocked off already, but the thing is, I really cannot afford to pay this ticket + increased insurance.

When i went online to go pay the ticket, they have my name ending with an N instead of a W. Is this enough grounds to contest a ticket?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 01:06 AM   #2
sofaonasock
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Nissan 370Z Touring 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepJeep View Post
Okay, i know i have very small amount of posts so it looks like im just trolling but im not. Here to stay

Anyways, about a month and a half ago i got a speeding ticket while on the 101. I was originally going 84 in a 65 (passing some dumb fuck civic doing 60 in the fast lane with no one around) going down a large turning hill. Next thing i know i see the cop and bam wam im pulled over. Okay so heres where things start to get interesting.

First off I was very apologetic saying i got carried away and i didnt realize how fast i was going etc etc (it was a large hill) and he seemed to be immune to everything im saying. He comes back and says i put you in for 74 in a 65 etc., so i was happy.

Now i know this is extremely lucky to get 10 mph knocked off already, but the thing is, I really cannot afford to pay this ticket + increased insurance.

When i went online to go pay the ticket, they have my name ending with an N instead of a W. Is this enough grounds to contest a ticket?
Was this in your Jeep?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 01:33 AM   #3
JeepJeep
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofaonasock View Post
Was this in your Jeep?
yes
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 01:41 AM   #4
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Do the defensive driving course. I doubt if you can actually contest the ticket because they misspelled a single letter.

BTW: I think this thread is full of fail.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 01:41 AM   #5
bsamoul
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

If you go to traffic school, it shouldn't show up on your insurance. Unless you got a previous ticket and you aren't eligible to do that. Be happy he knocked 10 off dude, you knew exactly how fast you were going so you do reap what you sow on that one buddy.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 01:42 AM   #6
bsamoul
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
Do the defensive driving course. I doubt if you can actually contest the ticket because they misspelled a single letter.

BTW: I think this thread is full of fail.
definitely. OP how old are you
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 01:43 AM   #7
JeepJeep
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsamoul View Post
If you go to traffic school, it shouldn't show up on your insurance. Unless you got a previous ticket and you aren't eligible to do that. Be happy he knocked 10 off dude, you knew exactly how fast you were going so you do reap what you sow on that one buddy.
=/ yeah i know. It was a pretty stupid decision to go that fast, tbh.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 01:44 AM   #8
jayely1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Good luck fighting a ticket that he gave you a break on, cops love that when they do you a favor and then you take them to court...
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 01:45 AM   #9
JeepJeep
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep

Quote:
definitely. OP how old are you
I am almost 19, and yes i realize now that this is full of fail. I just really needed to get to Santa Barbara because apparently my roommate had just got hit by a car and was in the hospital.

Obviously not an excuse to speed, so whatever.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 01:49 AM   #10
jayely1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

He couldn't of got to hurt, or you would of mentioned it to the cop so no still no excuse.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 01:53 AM   #11
JeepJeep
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayely1 View Post
He couldn't of got to hurt, or you would of mentioned it to the cop so no still no excuse.
I've said several times now i have no excuse. As for my roomate, nose was broken, severe trauma to the head, cheek bone was broken, concussion and brain damage, black eye and a tooth knocked out. I think that qualifies for hurting.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 01:54 AM   #12
bsamoul
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
=/ yeah i know. It was a pretty stupid decision to go that fast, tbh.
He most likely didn't take any sympathy on you because of your age and needed to teach you a lesson. Be glad he didn't slap you with a reckless driving charge. ALSO chances of getting out of a ticket in the state are so incredibly slim to none now because the state is in beyond dire need of money so I can only imagine how much this will cost you.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 01:55 AM   #13
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

I remember when I got my first ticket. It was 3 years ago. I was 16 and I had just gotten my license. Cop clocked me going 35 mph in a 30 mph zone. Went to court, and my cop was the ONLY cop that showed up. I got 1 point and a reduction in fine $25 plus court fees (Another $25) Cop was in a really bad mood.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 01:56 AM   #14
Evil E90
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [9.00]
I bet that big hill you are talking about is the 101 before you get to Camarillo. The view is amazing on a clear day going to SB. Hope your roommate is doing well. Do the online traffic school. I did that back in the days when I was but a wee pup. I had a ricer civic and was racing a chick on the 405 in HB. I bet she was laughing her ass off when the cop got me and not her. The cop but 75 + on a 65.

"When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before."
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 01:59 AM   #15
JeepJeep
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep

Quote:
He most likely didn't take any sympathy on you because of your age and needed to teach you a lesson. Be glad he didn't slap you with a reckless driving charge. ALSO chances of getting out of a ticket in the state are so incredibly slim to none now because the state is in beyond dire need of money so I can only imagine how much this will cost you.
Yeah okay. Thank you for your feedback, i just wanted to see if there was any hope in getting out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
I remember when I got my first ticket. It was 3 years ago. I was 16 and I had just gotten my license. Cop clocked me going 35 mph in a 30 mph zone. Went to court, and my cop was the ONLY cop that showed up. I got 1 point and a reduction in fine $25 plus court fees (Another $25) Cop was in a really bad mood.
Haha damn that SUCKS! Usually cops give leeway to people going 1-9 mph over the speedlimit, so thats really shitty. At least you fought it though!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 01:59 AM   #16
methodtim
Brigadier General
Liechtenstein
Rep
Drives: Audi RS Q8

Garage List
So the answer is no, you cannot get a ticket dismissed because of a mis-spelling.

It's unfortunate that you can't afford to pay for the ticket and insurance, but I'm pretty sure that there's nothing that anyone on this forum can do about that.

Good luck and stay safe.
      03-23-2009, 02:02 AM   #17
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

If you can't pay for a ticket and insurance, how were you going to buy a 328i? Let a lone a 335i?

Are you crazy boy? Save your money and stop speeding.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 02:02 AM   #18
JeepJeep
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpixel View Post
I bet that big hill you are talking about is the 101 before you get to Camarillo. The view is amazing on a clear day going to SB. Hope your roommate is doing well. Do the online traffic school. I did that back in the days when I was but a wee pup. I had a ricer civic and was racing a chick on the 405 in HB. I bet she was laughing her ass off when the cop got me and not her. The cop but 75 + on a 65.
No, but the grade (that hill) would seem a likely spot, but yeah the views are awesome. The hill i was talking about is about 1 minute once you get out of Ventura and start driving alongside the ocean. It curves to the right, hugging the mountain so you can't see the bottom, hence the cop sitting there. Haha, that sucks that you got caught and not the girl.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 02:04 AM   #19
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

well sorry to hear about ur ticket. i bet everyone on this forum speeds and will bash u for ur age, but wen u put age aside most r gonna be hypocrits and drive 80 in a 65 on the fwy

all i can say is...its time u got a valentine1...

Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 02:04 AM   #20
JeepJeep
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
If you can't pay for a ticket and insurnace, how were you going to buy a 328i? Let a lone a 335?

Are you crazy boy?
It's not that i cant pay for it, its that right now i'm kinda muddled in helping my parents out with a few things that will go away in a couple weeks. My dad owned his own business and was hit hard by the bad economy, so they needed my help with a few things moneywise, but ill be fine in a couple of weeks since i just got that $15 an hour job i talked about in the last thread. It's just really hard right now, cuz I dont have any money, but i will have more moolah in the future.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 02:06 AM   #21
JeepJeep
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra2fanatic View Post
well sorry to hear about ur ticket. i bet everyone on this forum speeds and will bash u for ur age, but wen u put age aside most r gonna be hypocrits and drive 80 in a 65 on the fwy

all i can say is...its time u got a valentine1...
Thanks man, yeah everyone i talk to always say they do 65-70 mph on the freeway, but they always end up doing around 75 or more. Even my grandma speeds haha

Yep, hopefully my next (semi)big investment!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 02:07 AM   #22
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It's not that i cant pay for it, its that right now i'm kinda muddled in helping my parents out with a few things that will go away in a couple weeks. My dad owned his own business and was hit hard by the bad economy, so they needed my help with a few things moneywise, but ill be fine in a couple of weeks since i just got that $15 an hour job i talked about in the last thread. It's just really hard right now, cuz I dont have any money, but i will have more moolah in the future.
Now is the time to save. Not spend.

P.S. My old car that I drove was a 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited.

We share a lot in common.
Appreciate 0