BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-09-2009, 09:07 PM   #1
JHZR2
Major
Rep
Drives: 91 E30, 11 135i cv

West German BMW

Hello,

New here. First post. Long-time owner of a 91 318i (E30). I love the car, and it has been my daily driver forever. Great car, fun to drive, but it is developing some rust.

While I love diesels (my other cars have mainly been MB diesels, but I currently also own a saab that I love), I'd be interested in a 135i as the replacement for my rusting E30. Nothing else is close to the size and form of my current car.

I'd likely get a 135i convertible, and do my best to pay cash for it. Im just not all that familiar with the local dealers.

My parents live in North Jersey, so Im up there a lot, and know Park Ave BMW and others. Often I'm on my way to the Poconos for the weekend, and know there is a dealer in Allentown.

I got a good feeling from a sales rep associated with West German BMW when I was at the auto show.

So, Im curious if anyone has had any experience with West German BMW. Id also like to hear recommendations for good dealers in the NJ/eastern PA areas. Id prefer not to have to go into NYC or beyond (though I will to chase a deal ).

Any insight would be great. Especially interested in good deals for ED, etc. I may try for ED of a 135i convertible this or next summer...

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 09:20 PM   #2
gtaday51
gone but not forgotten
United_States
Rep
Drives: gone 135 - Hello 1M!

I can say that Hassel BMW has the best service depott in the northeast. They are the main service center for the tri-state area and always have parts and knowledgable SAs. As far as buying the car. They worked hard to snag my second 1er while it was traveling overseas (My 1st ordered car was wreaked in shipping) and they found a perfect match. It was work to get them under MSRP and near invoice, this was back in August though, before the major econ troubles. So they might be a bit more flexible now.

Last edited by gtaday51; 03-10-2009 at 09:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2009, 05:59 AM   #3
Smac355
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

i bought mine at Thompson BMW(Doylestown, PA), my dad has also gotten his last couple bimmers there too. So far they have been great. They also have a Dinan rep there that did my tune ...which is awesome.
Black Sapphire Metallic 135i/Coral Leather Interior/ Gloss Black Grills/20% tint/M door sills/Black 135i badge, smoked LED side marker, Dinan stage II , DINAN Exhaust, performance side skirts, performance shift boot/e-brake, pedals, carbon fiber wrapped interior
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2009, 06:18 PM   #4
cholewski
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

I ordered mine at Flemington BMW, very nice dealer, all really nice people there. Haven't taken delievery yet, so i can't comment on their service dept, etc. I shopped around to 3 other BMW dealers in central/north jersey, and they gave me the best price, and they were also the nicest people. I'm 23, and when i walked into the other dealerships, i got ignored every time. At flemington they treated me just like any other customer, which was particularly nice. But I'm guessing you're not 23, so that won't be an issue for you.
      03-10-2009, 06:27 PM   #5
JHZR2
Major
Rep
Drives: 91 E30, 11 135i cv

28... not far off. Maybe I get a little better treatment than you?

It sucks to not be taken seriously at that age... been there, done that.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2009, 07:29 PM   #6
Midgad
Free Skier
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe, 6MT, M-Sports

Happy with Rallye sales, their service sucks!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 07:03 AM   #7
AchtungF80
Brigadier General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, '17 G30

Garage List
2008 135is  [9.50]
2010 Cooper S  [10.00]
1991 318is  [10.00]
JMK BMW gave me my deal, 1k over european delivery invoice 1mo after the car first hit showrooms...i'm sure they can move more now. I also came from and still have my e30 318is...take it from me, the 135i is more than a worthy successor.

PM me if you have any questions.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2009, 10:12 AM   #8
robboblobbo
Throbbing Member
Rep
Drives:

I get my car serviced at West German BMW

I live closeby to WG BMW and almost purchased a car from them. Ended up at Devon Hill BMW and was very happy with their facility and sales rep. It's a much bigger, nicer facility than West German. The service area is comfortable and the waiting area is larger, unlike West German's facility. WG is small and cramped, but as I said, I go there simply for convenience.

There is a sales guy there, David, who seemed like a decent guy, but when they didn't have the car I wanted, he did a search, found one but then talked me out of trying to get it. Instead, he offered me a different vehicle with options I really didn't want. So I called around, found the exact car I wanted at Devon Hill and bought it almost immediately. When I let David know via email, I never heard back from him again. But I didn't need him, so who cares.

I think the WG service area is competent, which is most important. But definitely check out Devon Hill when it's time to buy. Ask for Kim Rodriguez; he's an awesome guy to work with.