Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > what are the CONS of having a different offset wheels?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

07-18-2005, 12:28 AM   #1
z1ppo325i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: blk.s e90 325i

what are the CONS of having a different offset wheels?

i went to amigo town (next to Shea Stadium) where they sell rims and tires.. I went to this one shop with a guy's face all bruned up and he told me if I put on offset 20's when the car is made for offset 35 it will destroy the car... but i put the 18x8 et 20 with 235/40Z18 tires and everything seems fine.. rear is perfect fit in my opinion although front looks tad sticking out.. ill post pics later.. but ayone familiar with offset and there effects?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2005, 03:16 AM   #2
voltron1011
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, FJR-1300

I don't know about the rear, but the front wheel offset needs to be exactly what the manufacturer recomends. The steering geometry will be affected, which will in turn affect the vehicle's wheel bearings, tie-rods, and other steering related equiment.
Appreciate 0