Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Are there any all season 18inch RFTs?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

03-04-2009, 04:47 PM   #1
yuyue
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' 328i E90 MT

Are there any all season 18inch RFTs?

looking for some 18-inch tires for the new wheels.
I'd love to stick with RFT since if I get a puncture or so, I wouldn't have to stop on the side of the road changing tires.

and also the reason I prefer all-season tires is because I am living in a apartment (don't want to store a set of tires in the small living area all the time...)

I searched on tirerack.com and found out that all 18s they carrying are summer tires.
what you guys suggust? get some summer RFT? or get some non-RFTs and a mobile kit? or are there any all-season RFTs?

BTW, Is the seasonal rating really matter? I've seen people driving in snow on PS2....confused...
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2009, 05:37 PM   #2
blakjack23
Major
Rep
Drives: like a bat out of hell

Garage List
'06 325i  [0.00]
Gary at Tirerack confirms there are no RFT 18 inch A/S in the size you need.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233645

You should just do the right thing and get a winter dedicated setup though. Most tire shops will store them for a small fee or toss them in a buddys garage for a case of beer. You'll get great performance all year long with two sets instead of ok performance the whole year.

Yes the seasional ratings matter.. As for the people you see driving PS2's in snow....

'06 325i - AT (bite me!) - Jet Black - Black leatherette - Aluminum Trim - Blacklines - 189's - M3 Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2009, 08:16 PM   #3
yuyue
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' 328i E90 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakjack23 View Post
Gary at Tirerack confirms there are no RFT 18 inch A/S in the size you need.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233645

You should just do the right thing and get a winter dedicated setup though. Most tire shops will store them for a small fee or toss them in a buddys garage for a case of beer. You'll get great performance all year long with two sets instead of ok performance the whole year.

Yes the seasional ratings matter.. As for the people you see driving PS2's in snow....
thanx, may be I should get another set of TPMS, too?
If I want to use TPMS on both sets of tires, I believe swapping RFT tires and winter tires will cause shops charging me more than just buy a set of TPMS and setup two whole sets of wheels, in the long run......am I right?

LOL for your last paragraph
actually, not only driving in snow, it was also in the mountain roads...
Appreciate 0