BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-27-2009, 04:52 AM   #1
///M PWR 00
Captain
Rep
Drives: Porsche

My experience with BMW of Darien..... so far.

From 2002-current I have had the following BMWs:

2002 325Ci vert
2003 M3 coupe
2005 X5 4.8is
2005 M3 ZCP

All of these cars were purchased from Westchester BMW. When it was time to order the E92, naturally I went back to WBMW. They are 10 minutes from my home so it was very convenient for me to visit the dealership for service or parts. The guy who I bought my last car from (05 M3) was not working for the dealership anymore. I didnt recognize any of the salesman as I never dealt with them. So I spoke to the first person who approached me. Big mistake. To put it in simplist terms, even while knowing I was a repeat customer (a pretty good customer too) he was still a complete dickhead and I left that dealership with no intentions of returning. I should of known better after they gave me a hard time to service my cars because they were modified. Getting regular maintanance servicing was a hassle because they would always bitch and complain about modifications done to the car, always threatening that they could void my waranty and such. I had it out with the Service manager once and I promised myself I would never go back there again. Now that I think back on it, I dont know why the hell I ever went back there again after that. That was a mistake on my part.

I have a friend who works for BMW of Darien so I gave him a call. He introduced me to Steve Kozlowski, the salesman Ive been dealing with all along so far. All I have to say about Steve is he is a great guy. He is not pushy at all, and has had unbelievable amount of patience with me so far. He really makes you feel like an appreciated customer and theres no pressure with this guy. He is very understanding and will do whatever he can to help out his customers. He gave me the lowest price on a ordered 09 M3 coupe and told me he would throw in free M3 floormats too. He gave me an excellent deal that I couldnt turn down. I can not stress enough what a pleasure it has been so far dealing with Steve, and I would not hesitate to recommend him to you fellow enthusiests. You would not be dissapointed.

We placed the order for the car about a week ago so I have not picken it up yet. I think another 5-6 weeks. The wait is killing me, I am very excited to get this car! I will post the rest of my review on Steve and this dealership once I take delivery. I am confident that I will be VERY happy with my overall experience with these guys at Darien.

Although I didnt buy my E46 from this dealership, they still serviced my old M3 for me and never complained about it being tweaked. They even gave me a BMW service loaner (on many occassions actually), which they are NOT required to do since I didnt buy the car from them. That really says a lot about the level of service at Darien and it only makes sense for me to buy my E92 from them.

If anyone needs Steves number here it is. 203.662.2018.

He is a stand up guy and I personally promise you that you will be more then satisfied with the level of service you recieve from Steve and the rest of the staff at BMW of Darien.

-Franky
      02-27-2009, 07:32 AM   #2
monsta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

good to hear your getting the service we all demand.....
what are your specs

p.s. lets hope the sun comes out for those pics

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2009, 10:20 PM   #3
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Aw man now i cant give you a hard time about not having an M3 yet.

Congrats buddy!! Its gonna be a good year for both of us.
      02-27-2009, 10:41 PM   #4
kyoshozx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

I've purchased my car from Steve and was quite happy with service. You hit it on the nail when you said he was not pushy and patient.
      03-01-2009, 08:41 PM   #5
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3

Great story. I posted a while back with my reservations about Westchester BMW.....you replied and recommended Darien. Needless to say I pulled my money from WBMW and went to Darien. Was met with professionalism and courtesy...my SA was not Steve, I went to Jim...absolutely top notch....worked out a great deal with me for a fully loaded 09 E92 M3. Get it in June!!
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2009, 10:36 AM   #6
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

bahhh, i hope you gave my boy Ron at Pace a visit before you pulled the trigger??? congrats on the order. We'll do a shoot soon!
2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 09:41 AM   #7
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s View Post
bahhh, i hope you gave my boy Ron at Pace a visit before you pulled the trigger??? congrats on the order. We'll do a shoot soon!
Hey Chris,

I actually never got around to it...i ended up knowing someone who got me in at Darien....so I got a real good deal....actually quite amazed.
will def have to do a photo shoot of our cars...(look forward to it)..car should be here hopefully mid to end of June...
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 12:23 PM   #8
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

Frankie...when do you expect to take delivery bro???
2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2009, 05:10 PM   #9
Sal@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: M760xi

Congrats Franky!
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 11:58 PM   #10
ArtE92M3
United_States
Rep
Drives: e63 m6

dont mean to awaken an old thread but i must say that i am not very happy with BMW of Darien. dealt with Jim and Don. I was told to pick up my car on friday. called them, they said it would be ready. drove out the car was not ready (By the way, i am in brooklyn so its a solid 1.5 hr drive). naturally upset i drove back and agreed to come back on sat. called prior to driving on sat and predictably, they didnt send anyone to a ny dmv to register my car and get plates. So then it was monday. finally the car was ready. I went to pick it up and and when i saw it, i wanted to puke. the car was dirty and not only that, the interior had dog hairs all over. as you can imagine i freaked out like you have no idea. They asked to come on tues and the car would be detailed and ready for pickup and they would include the M mats for free. When i came on tuesday the car was washed but by no means detailed and aparently, they ran out of M mats...thats my Darien experience

///you get rich by making money, not saving it///
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2009, 06:51 AM   #11
zenderm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 DY/2010 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtE92M3 View Post
dont mean to awaken an old thread but i must say that i am not very happy with BMW of Darien. dealt with Jim and Don. I was told to pick up my car on friday. called them, they said it would be ready. drove out the car was not ready (By the way, i am in brooklyn so its a solid 1.5 hr drive). naturally upset i drove back and agreed to come back on sat. called prior to driving on sat and predictably, they didnt send anyone to a ny dmv to register my car and get plates. So then it was monday. finally the car was ready. I went to pick it up and and when i saw it, i wanted to puke. the car was dirty and not only that, the interior had dog hairs all over. as you can imagine i freaked out like you have no idea. They asked to come on tues and the car would be detailed and ready for pickup and they would include the M mats for free. When i came on tuesday the car was washed but by no means detailed and aparently, they ran out of M mats...thats my Darien experience
Dude... I'm sorry to hear that... I would absolutely hate to have that kind of experience... are they going to do something about it?
1996 E36 M3 Dakar Yellow - SOLD
2004 Honda Accord Euro - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2009, 10:33 AM   #12
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtE92M3 View Post

sent you a PM....question for ya...

sorry bout the crappy experience.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2009, 05:36 PM   #13
warzilla
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Is it me or everyone has some sort of issue with an dealership, no matter what. Basically it just takes one bad apple to ruin the relationship with the customer and buyer. And since the car buying experience is historically not an yearly event for most people, its that one bad experience that can last a lifetime for the buyer.

I don't want to disparage Car salespeople on this post but their biggest skillset is making a sell. Unfortunately there are more ill-equipped sales people out there then good ones. From my experience I think the luxury brand salespeople are not the best salespeople in the world. How hard is it to sell an M3/M5/M6/X6 etc to someone who is interested and have the cash? It really comes to the sort of deal they offer/accept. So naturally my suspicion is that lots of these salespeople don't really work on being good salespeople but work on begin good sales invoice writers. I know the Porsche sales people were like that, because they didn't give a crap about making a 'sale' the last few years, and had rich wall street bonus kids coming in and buying porsches like kids in a candy store. Now they have to work at being 'real' salespeople and you can tell who can do sales and who can't.

So my point is this: no dealership is perfect, and they all have one or more ill-equipped salespeople working there. The best thing you can do is bring your issues/complaints to the manager on the floor. If your salesperson is not servicing you properly, get another one. Its your money, let it speak or just walk away.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2009, 04:08 PM   #14
CT-Bimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Sedan

Can't say enough good stuff about BMW of Bridgeport! Sales rep was Jodee (personal friend and awesome girl) and my service tech is Bernard. Clean facility, good people. Only 20 min or so farther north for you NY or NJ folks! They bought out Ridgefield BMW as well and if you live up that way for service.. Cory is hands down the best technician around! Meticulous!

Mike

Mods: Gintani CB | Dinan Intake | Evo Pulley | HRE P40's | Eibach Springs | MS spacers | Matte grills | GP Thunder 7500 | Venture Clear bra
Appreciate 0