E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Zaino newbie...need advise.

06-27-2006, 07:26 PM   #1
nhhiep
Captain
Rep
Drives: bmw

Zaino newbie...need advise.

First of all, I need to say that I am completely new to detailing. I have been using NTX for a few months, only apply 1 layer once/month, so far, kinda happy with the result, But the problem is that I am sick of waxing monthly, So I just Zaino z2-pro on my way, only because I needed z9,10. I basically want something that last long, I don't care much about the look, protection is all I am after for.

Now, my question is if I Dawn my car to remove NTX, then apply 1 layer of z2-Pro, then after that, I will do 1 layer every 2-3 months? I normally don't use Dawn to wash my car. Is this enough for protection? honestly, I don't like waxing much, rather driving, I won't have time to do multiple layers. and I am trying to stay away from claying, I am new, so I just don't want to mess up. I heard that if I clay not correctly, I can scatch the paint.

thanks for your advice
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2006, 07:43 PM   #2
dejav0o
Captain
Rep
Drives: SG 330i

If you don't like waxing your car and caring for it, I really wouldn't recommend Zaino for you. True Zaino does last a long time, and really makes the car look nice, and supposedly gives the car a good layer of protection.... but it takes a lot of time and effort on your part to get it to that level.

Yes, it is true that if done correctly the first time, you could get away with not having to wax your car for a few months... They recommend Dawn to get rid of all previous layers of wax that you've applied. The Dawn isn't used for protection, excessive use of it could dmg your paint, because it stripes everything off. If all you care about is protection, then I don't think you will need to clay your car first. The clay only removes the small bumps and particles that get stuck... but since you don't care about that, then not having to clay will save you some time.

I would still recommend following their directions and put at least 2 layers of wax on though....
      06-29-2006, 11:49 AM   #3
hunt55
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325i

I concur that Zaino, while an exceptional product, takes a cycles of wash and wax to get the results you want.

You also will need other Zaino products and should start with the kit that has all the products. Ex. you probably need to use the clay bar first, then use Z5 w/ZXP and Z6 or Z8. Zaino recommends any degreaser dishwasher such as Dawn to start the process but use Zaino's car wash afterwards. Then you can use Z2 w/ZPX as a wax after getting the sheen you like.

I have used Zaino on my '06 BMW, "05 VW Beetle and 2002 Honda Civic using every product. I clayed the Beetle and Honda Civic. The BMW has about three coats of Z5 and one of Z2.
Appreciate 0