E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Jalbert BMW - Kirkland Quebec Canada

07-15-2005, 10:20 PM   #1
benoitch
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Smile Jalbert BMW - Kirkland Quebec Canada

Did not buy there (bought instead at BMW Laval see my other post http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2323).

But I thought I'd let people know that the sales rep was really nice. A young fellow that has some background in auto sports and knew what I was talking about. He did try to get the sale and I am sure he worked hard at giving me the same price as BMW Laval did. But the Laval rep knows me and gave me the price right off the bat... Anyways, just want to note I had a good experience with this one too.

Dont know about the service though...

http://www.benoitchampagne.com

Last edited by benoitch; 07-15-2005 at 10:23 PM.. Reason: Added link to other post
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2005, 02:17 PM   #2
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5d 421,000kms

I bought a 325i last spring there and do all my service there for the X5. The service is excellent. Friendly, quick, and accomodating.

The body shop is excellent too. Both my bimmers got knocked up last winter and they were fixed perfectly.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2005, 11:16 AM   #3
findtom
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 545i

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
I bought my 325i from Jalbert Kirkland. My sales rep was Gary O'Connor.
So far I'm very pleased with the service. We went for a pretty fast test drive and Gary didn't flinch. He took a good hour when I picked up the car to go over everything and give me some tips on stuff like winter tires and breaking everything in properly.

Only thing I can possibly complain about is that I would have felt a little better to have banged out a better price then I ended up with. Montreal dealers are firm on a 1% discount for new BMW buyers, and a 2% discount for repeat buyers. I called around when I was ready to buy and got the same story from everyone.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2005, 01:39 PM   #4
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep

Hey findtom,
Welcome tothe best damn bmw forum on the net!

I am a repeat customer at Jalbert Kirkland, in fact a raving lunatic enthusiast if you ask Martin Leduc, my sales rep. I bought a 325 last year from him, and I find he's a real class act. We bought a used X5 elsewhere (they had what we needed in Laval), but we service everything at JK. The two service reps there are fantastic, as is the service manager.

You are corecct on the pricing, I got 2% on my 325xi which arrives soon.

Tell us more about your car, and how many miles do you drive a year?

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2005, 02:24 PM   #5
findtom
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
StewtheBassman,

You're right, this is an incredible forum. I'm finding tons of info about my car... my computer desktop is currently full of videos from the media section. Amazing!

Mine is a jet black/black 325. It's the base model (6 spd manual). I got the only 325i currently in Canada without a sunroof as I'm not a big fan of even having one let alone paying for one. They brought it in from Toronto and I picked it up on this past Friday. I've already put almost 600km on it, but that's just because I can't stop driving it! Once the novelty wears off, I do about 25000km/year.

I can't find a thing to complain about with this car. I absolutely love love love it. It has more than enough power, and I love the look of it from every angle.... inside and out. So many brands and taglines are complete BS but this car certainly earns "the ultimate driving machine" tagline. I can see why people are so crazy for this brand.

Here are a couple of pics that I'll be dropping in the media section...

Thanks for the welcome.

- Tom
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2005, 02:34 PM   #6
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep

Hey nice photos!!
They don't even look like Montreal, where is the snow??? Oh yeah, we're the new California....Are those pics taken in Old Montreal?

What's with the front license plate? Is it because it came from Toronto, drilled for an Ontario plate? I won't be letting them drill my front bumper.

You can see I'm hooked too...one 325i, sold it, ordered another after a brief affair with a Subaru Legacy GT....it's NOT all about power I have learned...I love my wife's X5 as well, it tows our horse amazingly and looks great doing it.

Your car looks great!!

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2005, 03:00 PM   #7
findtom
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
Thanks!

They said it came like that. I did actually call beforehand and specify that I didn't want a plate put on the front or any dealer markings or stickers on the car. So yeah, I wasn't too pleased to see that plate on the front. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. There's another E90 in my parking garage from the Laval BMW with a plate put on the front too. BMW dealers like to mark their territory I guess.

Yes, that's the old port. I live there (work on the west island). I took those on Monday morning... it is indeed the new california here, far too hot for October!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2005, 06:42 PM   #8
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep

There was a plate on the front of my E46, but I replaced that with the bumper strip for 30 bucks for a nice clean front line.

I would believe that the E90 from TO may already have been prepped like that. There are a ton of threads on "screw holes in front bumper" here, do a search and you'll see. You might be able to make that nightmarish thing go away.

When I bought the Subaru last May, the salesman devined that I was not into markings, and he delivered me the car naked...I gave him big points for that.

Appreciate 0
      11-03-2005, 10:36 AM   #9
discoboy1
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E82 1M VO/F30 328D

Best ever buying experience was at Jalbert, Kirkland, in fact if it wasn't for them I would probably never buy from a dealer ever in my life, all the previous experiences I had with other dealers(non BMW), and lately with Nissan were painfull. I helped my mother buying her Maxima 04 last year from a dealer in Laval and boy did we get screwed. Turns out the "New" car was repainted due to shipping dammage (Door,fender and mirror) but we were never told.
After I found out they never wanted to trade the car.
Anyway, till the day I can no longer afford a Bimmer, Jalbert is my place. If you go there ask for Normand Masson, he's the man
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2005, 10:44 AM   #10
findtom
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
discoboy1, are you a Montrealer?

Check out the Montreal thread here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6378

I'll add you to the roster.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2005, 07:26 PM   #11
discoboy1
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E82 1M VO/F30 328D

Yes, I'm in Laval
Appreciate 0