ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - California
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-02-2009, 08:19 PM   #1
imz4n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 3,0 si TITANIUM SIlVER

We've been boycotted by Cars&Coffee

Cars & Coffee, previously a free-for-all eclectic weekly car show, is now going to open the show area only to 1978 and older vehicles. Word is that this is an ultimatum from Ford's PAG headquarters who donates the parking lot for the event. I do not know "the why", other than it was related to this past weekend's event (which I missed).

The short of it is, there's no reason to go to "C&C" (I use quotes because it really isn't C&C now, IMO) unless you want to see only pre-'78 cars. There are plenty of weekly SoCal alternatives if you want to see only old cars and hot rods/musclecars, and I'd personally favor them over "C&C" now because the other shows are true to their original intent.

Everything that made C&C special is now gone, no more Vectors mixing it up with Model Ts, Lambos and Cobras, Mustangs and Z8s, Unimogs and 997 GT3s. Truly a sad day for SoCal auto enthusiasts.

Thanks Ford! *insert extended middle digit emoticon here*
      02-02-2009, 09:38 PM   #2
1st_Knight
'Entwicklung 85 - Zukunft4'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4 SMG DINAN S1

Quote:
Originally Posted by imz4n View Post
Cars & Coffee, previously a free-for-all eclectic weekly car show, is now going to open the show area only to 1978 and older vehicles. Word is that this is an ultimatum from Ford's PAG headquarters who donates the parking lot for the event. I do not know "the why", other than it was related to this past weekend's event (which I missed).

The short of it is, there's no reason to go to "C&C" (I use quotes because it really isn't C&C now, IMO) unless you want to see only pre-'78 cars. There are plenty of weekly SoCal alternatives if you want to see only old cars and hot rods/musclecars, and I'd personally favor them over "C&C" now because the other shows are true to their original intent.

Everything that made C&C special is now gone, no more Vectors mixing it up with Model Ts, Lambos and Cobras, Mustangs and Z8s, Unimogs and 997 GT3s. Truly a sad day for SoCal auto enthusiasts.

Thanks Ford! *insert extended middle digit emoticon here*

That's too bad.....I had great time attending last weekend. Nevertheless, there is an alternative, and it is just about an hour drive south to San Diego...

http://www.breakfastatbalboa.com/
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2009, 11:51 PM   #3
OH FO SHO
Captain
Rep
Drives: z4

we still have super car sunday

-*MY PICTURE THREAD*-
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2009, 10:09 AM   #4
imz4n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 3,0 si TITANIUM SIlVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH FO SHO View Post
we still have super car sunday
I'm sure that something else will get planned or is in the works as we speak. Time will tell. Location, location, location
      02-03-2009, 11:02 AM   #5
bkz4mc
Mars Bitches... Red Rocks !
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

That's pretty lame... At least I got into the last one !

Was nice meeting you Robert...
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 10:02 AM   #6
Incompatible
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 AW Z4C 3.0Si

San Diego's Breakfast @ Balboa is growing fast, has some fine rides, and is a lot closer for a number of us.