BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-04-2008, 03:50 AM   #1
esscolab
Brigadeer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Black 135i

Superchip (SSTT) for 135i for sale

Just had the car with this on the dyno and it's kicking out 361hp (at flywheel).

I've had an ECU map so don't use it any more. I'm looking to sell it for £300 ono. PM me .
      12-04-2008, 06:03 AM   #2
MattD
Legend
Rep
Drives:

I want to know how your remap at Evolve went!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2008, 07:10 AM   #3
esscolab
Brigadeer
United Kingdom
Rep

The remap is showing 375 at flywheel and around 25 increase mid range, although I cannot tell the difference at the moment until it adjusts, although throttle response it better for sure. I think the guys at Evolve were pretty shocked the Superchip was performing this high (361)
Took it out and did a dyno which reported 321 at the flywheel which they said was the highest they've ever seen an unmodded 35i engine. This could be because of the AFE intake but I doubt it.

I'll post the graphs when I get more time. IF you know anyone interested in the Superchip, let me know.

A big thanks to Imran and the team at Evolve, the dyno was great to watch, guys were really friendly and helpful.
      12-04-2008, 09:39 AM   #4
mad chemist
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by esscolab View Post
Just had the car with this on the dyno and it's kicking out 361hp (at flywheel).

I've had an ECU map so don't use it any more. I'm looking to sell it for £300 ono. PM me .

esscolab,

Good result for the Superchip (SSTT), which I also run currently. Do you have any crank torque figures with/without the SSTT? I believe the SSTT gives better improvement in torque over absolute increases in power at the top end.

Finally, just wondered what petrol are you running - I'm still sticking to Tesco 99, which I think really helps these engines deliver the numbers.

Enjoy the remap and report back how you get on and how it compares to the old Superchip.

Cheers,

Mad.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2008, 03:02 AM   #5
esscolab
Brigadeer
United Kingdom
Rep

Mad,

I will post the graphs on here at the weekend as I cannot remember what they were. I have them with the the SSTT and with the ECU remap.

Evolve want me to bring in the stock airbox and do dyno's with it and then with the AFE. I know this has been done before on the US forum but I wanted to make sure. If the AFE's do nothing then they are comming off. From their experience there is not one open air intake on the market that actually give any increases whatsoever. Shame BMW haven't brought out a carbon air intake for the 135i, I guess the stock is good enough.
      12-05-2008, 06:25 AM   #6
MattD
Legend
Rep
Drives:

I know you've had your SSTT on for a fair while now, but how would you compare the ECU remap to stock?

I'm going in for a software update, which hopefully won't ruin my car, in a couple weeks to fix some stereo and cruise control glitches.

Assuming this doesn't prevent remapping I'll probably look to get it done in the new year
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2008, 07:42 AM   #7
esscolab
Brigadeer
United Kingdom
Rep

MattD

The ECU remap is definately worth doing over stock, you will see a big difference in response and torque.

Be careful, as the M81 ECU's over the older M80's are protected and not remappable. These are on the newer 135i's. A few have been attemped and the uploads crash out at 99%. If you have one of these then a piggy back is probably the only solution right now.

I think mid 08 onwards came with M81 ECU's.
      12-05-2008, 08:32 AM   #8
MattD
Legend
Rep
Drives:

Ah, that'll count me out then as mine's an August build I think (where exactly on the door jamb is the build date?).

JB3 for me most likely then, assuming the newest Progmans don't hamstring piggybacks as well
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2008, 08:44 AM   #9
evolve
Rep
Drives:

The cars that have tuner protection are build date 10/08 onwards. Clived's 135i had an MSD81 as have a number of other x35is we have tuned sucessfully.

This ECU was meant to be uncrackable. I am confident a solution will be found for the new protection they have built in.

Imran
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2008, 09:45 AM   #10
mad chemist
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by esscolab View Post
Mad,

I will post the graphs on here at the weekend as I cannot remember what they were. I have them with the the SSTT and with the ECU remap.

Evolve want me to bring in the stock airbox and do dyno's with it and then with the AFE. I know this has been done before on the US forum but I wanted to make sure. If the AFE's do nothing then they are comming off. From their experience there is not one open air intake on the market that actually give any increases whatsoever. Shame BMW haven't brought out a carbon air intake for the 135i, I guess the stock is good enough.

esscolab,

Thanks for the quick reply. I look forward to seeing the graphs. Will be nice to see exactly what the AFE is (or is not) doing with the tunes.

I also think BMW put a fare bit of work into our intake system so I suspect the stock air-box is pretty optimum. Having said that, hopefully the K&N I'm running will help to free things up a bit at the top end.

Cheers,

Mad.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2008, 11:23 AM   #11
esscolab
Brigadeer
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad chemist View Post
esscolab,

Good result for the Superchip (SSTT), which I also run currently. Do you have any crank torque figures with/without the SSTT? I believe the SSTT gives better improvement in torque over absolute increases in power at the top end.

Finally, just wondered what petrol are you running - I'm still sticking to Tesco 99, which I think really helps these engines deliver the numbers.

Enjoy the remap and report back how you get on and how it compares to the old Superchip.

Cheers,

Mad.

Mad, I had half Teco 99 and half BP Ultimate !!! Not the best mix but I tanked up before setting off.
      12-12-2008, 07:10 AM   #12
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Competition

361bhp from an SSTT!!!! NICE

Think I need to get my car on a rolling road!

Anyone planning a session at a dyno, let me know.

These greasy cold roads are no fun with the SSTT at the moment, my rears are down to 2-3mm too

Looking forward to the Evolve updates!

Gone: 2019 X3M Competition, Toronto Red, Adelaide Grey.
Appreciate 0