BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-19-2008, 12:46 AM   #1
gio
Captain
Rep
Drives:

BMW of Peabody

I know some people bought from here... Anyways, has anyone else had a really really hard time getting in touch with their service department? I've called 3 times over the past 2 weeks and been told each time that the service department is too busy to take my call. I've left messages each time (either with a receptionist or on an answering machine) and I have yet to get a call back. I'm very frustrated with this dealer and with BMW in general right now. I'm trying to get this total piece of crap of a radio fixed. The distortion is so bad that I've stoppped listening to the radio at all when the car is moving now (see the audio threads).
      10-19-2008, 06:35 AM   #2
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

You need to get the name of a singular Service Advisor. I never call to ask for the service department. I always ask for my SA. I may get his voicemail, but he returns the call.

Look in your black portfolio that contains the car's manuals. There is likely a few business cards in there, that you got on delivery. If there is not one for the Service Manager, there is likely one for the individual Service Advisor that you may have been assigned.

If you have neither, simply call the Service Manager (as for by name), and do not tell them of your car's problem. Rather, tell him/her of your difficulty in getting a return call, and you need a SA's name that you can use in the future.

You shouldn't have that many issues. BMW of Peabody has two Service Centers...
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2008, 10:48 PM   #3
gio
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
You need to get the name of a singular Service Advisor. I never call to ask for the service department. I always ask for my SA. I may get his voicemail, but he returns the call.

Look in your black portfolio that contains the car's manuals. There is likely a few business cards in there, that you got on delivery. If there is not one for the Service Manager, there is likely one for the individual Service Advisor that you may have been assigned.

If you have neither, simply call the Service Manager (as for by name), and do not tell them of your car's problem. Rather, tell him/her of your difficulty in getting a return call, and you need a SA's name that you can use in the future.

You shouldn't have that many issues. BMW of Peabody has two Service Centers...
Thanks for the advice. I've brought the car in for service before (for another radio problem) so I should have a card or name somewhere of the person I dealt with. I'll also look in the book tomorrow although I'm pretty sure I only have the card for the guy who sold me the car. I've been dealing only with receptionists so far so I guess that makes sense why I'm having a problem. They've been telling me that the service department has been extremely busy these days for some reason.
      10-19-2008, 11:01 PM   #4
BimmerKid87
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

That sucks...

I bought my car at Mini of Peabody, which is part of the same dealership group...and they were always great.

It's all a matter of timing. I've taken my car to the same dealer in Texas twice now since moving here. First time, service was an absolute JOKE. I went back out of convenience and they were awesome on take 2.

Good luck getting your radio fixed.
      10-20-2008, 04:46 PM   #5
Rachel
Dangerous Curves
United_States
Rep
Drives: better than the boys ;)

Garage List
2011 Ducati 848EVO  [0.00]
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gio View Post
I know some people bought from here... Anyways, has anyone else had a really really hard time getting in touch with their service department? I've called 3 times over the past 2 weeks and been told each time that the service department is too busy to take my call. I've left messages each time (either with a receptionist or on an answering machine) and I have yet to get a call back. I'm very frustrated with this dealer and with BMW in general right now. I'm trying to get this total piece of crap of a radio fixed. The distortion is so bad that I've stoppped listening to the radio at all when the car is moving now (see the audio threads).
+1 on the audio buzz.....
      10-20-2008, 04:58 PM   #6
gio
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
+1 on the audio buzz.....
Oh you have this problem too?? I thought I was the only one around here. I'm not expecting them to actually be able to fix it because no one else seems to have any success having it fixed yet.
      10-30-2008, 07:34 PM   #7
Dr_Jones
Major
Rep
Drives:

i heard they moved into their new building...any truth to this? I want to scam a DCT M3 test drive

Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 10:50 PM   #8
04Enthusiast
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i Cpe

Nissan, Honda, Acura, Mazda, VW, Toyota, I have never had to wait for an appointment more than a day.

Every BMW I have owned it always takes a week to get in. When BMW called with a follow-up call I mentioned this and they said I was just lucky at those other dealers. Maybe so, I love BMW's but from past experience I expect my BMW to visit the service department more than the other makes I have own.

At least BMW gives me a loaner car. Acura was the only other make I have owned that would give me a loaner.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 09:22 AM   #9
amybang
... and Orca too!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Convertible (AW/CR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Jones View Post
i heard they moved into their new building...any truth to this? I want to scam a DCT M3 test drive
Yep, they did. I was up that way to go to Salem a couple weeks ago and got off the exit in the wrong direction and made a U-turn just past them. I slowed down and rubbernecked looking to see if I could see a 1er in the new showroom as I drove back by (I could not - there was probably one in there, I just couldn't drive and focus on the showroom well).

amy!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 01:10 PM   #10
Rachel
Dangerous Curves
United_States
Rep
Drives: better than the boys ;)

Garage List
2011 Ducati 848EVO  [0.00]
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Jones View Post
When I went in for my oil change Tuesday at Tulley my CA let me take out an M3 coupe, six speed. SO MUCH FUN.