BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-13-2008, 04:49 PM   #1
gio
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Tear in plastic on door

So I noticed today that the vinyl (or whatever it is) coating on the interior of my door is torn. I'm not sure how it happened but it looks like I probably did it with my boot when getting in or out of the car. It's only a tiny rip but it bothers me, of course. Can something like this be repaired or do you need to basically replace the whole door interior? Is there a way to touch it up somehow so it looks better short of putting a piece of electrical tape over it or something. I'm sure to replace the part would be more money that it's worth for something so minor.

Here's the pic:
Attached Images

10-13-2008, 06:04 PM   #2
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

YOu can get a vinyl repair shop to fix it - for $50 or so. You can also try and repair it yourself with vinyl repair kits at Auto parts and accessories stores - with varying degrees of success. Check with a few car interior places to find a vinyl repair guy. Ask for the price before you tell them it's a BMW though.
Appreciate 0