BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-01-2008, 11:09 AM   #1
peeb4ugotobed
Rep
Drives: BSM w/ Coral red 135i

HELP!

A bird had taken a shit on my car yesterday and I did not think much of it considering that I was just going to wash my car this morning anyway but as my luck would have it as I was drying my car and the acid from the crap had left an imprint on my BSM paint. So does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of the atrocity on my once beautiful hood?

I haven't waxed the car yet, which I regret now. I read on other posts that speak highly of Zaino. I went to the Autozone nearby earlier this morning and the gave me a bottle of Meguiar's Cleaner Wax. Just wanted some input from fellow 1 drivers before I take action.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2008, 12:56 PM   #2
Coach
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Same thing happend to me last week on my AW 1. After cleaning it off I noticed a sort of wrinkled look at the spot. I waxed (Griot Best of Show) and buffed the shit out if it and most of it was removed. What was left seemed to dissapear over the next couple of days.

Good Luck

Coach
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2008, 01:07 PM   #3
esses
No_Country
Rep
Drives: like I stole it.

Its called paint etching for the google inclined. Your first problem was not having wax/sealant on your car! If you had a layer of protection on the car you wouldn't have shit to worry about.

Now that your up shit's creek its time to claybar. That will do it 99.9% of the time - if its really bad you need to polish. After you claybar, wax/seal the car!

A quick detail spray alone won't fix the problem, if anything it will just mask it. You also run the risk of scratches if you are scrubbing at one spot. AFTER the car has been waxed/sealed then a quick detail spray should work, without much buffing needed.

Appreciate 0
      10-02-2008, 08:41 AM   #4
bman6074
Major
Rep
Drives: 14 M235i and 07 Lotus Exige S

I have helped a friend fix this with 3M finishing material. But if you can't get that try useing a scratch remover and buffer. I also used a 3$ no name scratch remover and it worked like a charm. took a few applications as its very fine material, but in the end the stain was gone.
      10-02-2008, 09:12 AM   #5
3toM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i EB Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by esses View Post
Its called paint etching for the google inclined. Your first problem was not having wax/sealant on your car! If you had a layer of protection on the car you wouldn't have shit to worry about.

Now that your up shit's creek its time to claybar. That will do it 99.9% of the time - if its really bad you need to polish. After you claybar, wax/seal the car!

A quick detail spray alone won't fix the problem, if anything it will just mask it. You also run the risk of scratches if you are scrubbing at one spot. AFTER the car has been waxed/sealed then a quick detail spray should work, without much buffing needed.

I would agree with you. Wash the car, claybar it, then seal or wax the car from there.
Appreciate 0