BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-15-2008, 10:17 AM   #1
Crowley
Major
Rep
Drives:

getting ready to take it in for service .. again

Nothing too bad ... the check light for "external bulb out" came on .. not sure what is going on as a quick inspection doesn't reveal the offending burnt out bulb ....

Anyway .. keep you all posted ...

I'm going to have them check again for the rattle in the passenger door as well .. last time they took it out, they said they didn't hear anything that wasn't normal .. however, if they would hear what I hear, they wouldn't say it is normal at all .. LOL

Crowley

The last words on the powerplant should go to a clearly overwhelmed Hormazd Sorabjee, editor and publisher of Autocar India: “There is something simply magical about BMW’s in-line six. It has a creamy smoothness that makes velvet feel like sandpaper.”
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2008, 10:58 AM   #2
Slay0r
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i, 08 E92 ///M,13 535i

headlight or like a side blinker??

if its a headlight heres my thread, im going in for service on thurs
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15917
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2008, 12:36 PM   #3
Crowley
Major
Rep
Drives:

not sure as I didn't see any lights out when I walked around the car ... I'm not sure, but I think it might be part of the break light on the drivers side .. spotted something this AM when I dropped it off. I also took them for a ride so they could hear my rattling (on and off) noise .. they are doing the right thing and taking off the panel to see what might be going on and tighten things up

Crowley

The last words on the powerplant should go to a clearly overwhelmed Hormazd Sorabjee, editor and publisher of Autocar India: “There is something simply magical about BMW’s in-line six. It has a creamy smoothness that makes velvet feel like sandpaper.”
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2008, 07:32 AM   #4
Crowley
Major
Rep
Drives:

Update .. well it turns out that the drivers side tail light assembly will be replaced .. the bad news is that it is on backorder .. LOL . I'm glad I said NO when they initially asked me if I wanted them to keep the car over night ..

Crowley

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2008, 11:45 AM   #5
Bye Bye GTI
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

did they fix the rattling in the door? I have the same thing and was wondering if it had to do with the seal on the window as it goes away when rolling down the window.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2008, 12:20 PM   #6
Crowley
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bye bye GTI View Post
did they fix the rattling in the door? I have the same thing and was wondering if it had to do with the seal on the window as it goes away when rolling down the window.

I'm not sure .. they said they were going to take the inside off and make sure that everything was tight .. I have not driven it enough to see if it is resolved as it is a rattle that comes and goes .. I'll keep you posted ..

Thanks,
Crowley

Appreciate 0
      10-01-2008, 01:06 AM   #7
tonytigerking
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

My driver-side door rattles too, but it seems to only happen when the engine settles down to idle speed after I started the car up for the first time of the day. It doesn't happen all the time either. When I press on the door, the rattle noise disappears, but returns when I let go. It is very weird.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2008, 11:05 AM   #8
one-35
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytigerking View Post
My driver-side door rattles too, but it seems to only happen when the engine settles down to idle speed after I started the car up for the first time of the day. It doesn't happen all the time either. When I press on the door, the rattle noise disappears, but returns when I let go. It is very weird.

I have this passenger door area rattle, too! Let us know if BMW solves it... and how.

I also had a similar experience on my '04 Acura TSX where you had to press on a door panel to make it go away. It was more of a high-frequency buzz. They took the door apart many times and stuffed it with more sound dampening insulation. It went away, but EVENTUALLY it came back. Car is 5 yrs old now, and now... I just turn up the music when I hear the 'buzz'. It's kind of like a marriage.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2008, 05:53 PM   #9
tonytigerking
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Took the car in last Sat. to have it checked. SA told me that they can't fix it until they can reproduce the same rattle. Like bye bye GT1, the sound also go away when I roll down the window, even if just a tiny bit, so I am thinking it could be related to the seal on the window.
Appreciate 0