BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-03-2008, 12:05 AM   #1
amurph182
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

DC metro area: DIY carwashes?

I live in an apartment building. No car washing in the garage. Ugh.

Anyone in the DC area know of any places where I can wash my own car? I don't want some dummy to do it and mess up the paint, nor do I want to pay a competent detailer $100+ to do what I can do myself (although admitedly probably not as good). And I also don't want to be using brushless carwashes all the time, which I've seen do some damage. All of the DIY yourself places I've found around here have the foaming brush where you just turn it on and soap comes out. I'd rather just find a place with a freakin water hose.

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2008, 05:55 PM   #2
LA2DC
United_States
Rep
Drives: 530, 135, 135, 235

Question Water hose it is.

Sorry to tell you but at least I know of another like yourself on the hunt. I use the diy hose method seems to work until you break your windshield.

Less than a week old... Windshield 1, Pride 0

By any chance do you know anyone in the area who does quality & a decent labor surcharge that I won't be asking myself WTF.

Thanks would appreciate it.
Appreciate 0