BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-25-2008, 07:35 PM   #1
Pamlico
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

40 miles & airbag lamp goes on

We have a new 135 and today I drove it to work and all was fine. Came out in mid afternoon to drive home and as soon as it starts up the airbag warning lamp came one. Took it to the dealer where they were able to get it immediately into the shop and run a diagnostic which indicated high resistance in the circuit in the driver's seat. I couldn't leave it so back it goes next week to get this all taken care of.

The car only has 40 miles on it when the lamp went on. The car sat in an open parking lot in direct sunlight all day in 85 degree heat which may have affected a connection.

Disappointing to say the least.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2008, 07:39 PM   #2
JohnL135I
Donkey Kong King
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Boss 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamlico View Post
We have a new 135 and today I drove it to work and all was fine. Came out in mid afternoon to drive home and as soon as it starts up the airbag warning lamp came one. Took it to the dealer where they were able to get it immediately into the shop and run a diagnostic which indicated high resistance in the circuit in the driver's seat. I couldn't leave it so back it goes next week to get this all taken care of.

The car only has 40 miles on it when the lamp went on. The car sat in an open parking lot in direct sunlight all day in 85 degree heat which may have affected a connection.

Disappointing to say the least.
My car sits in 100 degree plus temps here in AZ, no Air Bag light for me... sounds like you have a defect somewhere.
      07-25-2008, 08:30 PM   #3
Pamlico
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

I agree - the problem is clearly not that the car can't take sitting in the hot sun, but there is a possibility that when things heated up something that was already marginal was pushed over the edge.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2008, 03:54 AM   #4
RoughneckSeven
5 Minute Friend
Germany
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i and 06' X3

Me too...

The airbag light and seatbelt warning in the top right corner of the display, the LARGE airbag warning in the middle of the display, and a warning triangle light directly next to the odometer reading.

I had to turn my 135i in to have the computer "reset", as the dealer stated. It took two days of diagnostics. The car was at 1300 miles when the failure occured.
Appreciate 0