BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-18-2008, 10:06 AM   #1
Jumpman
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: .

ABS warning light came on :(

Just over 1k miles on it. As I'm leaving the house this morning the ABS light comes on and stays on all the way to work. I guess now I'll find out if my local BMW place will give me a loaner or not, since I didn't buy it locally.

:iono:
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2008, 06:41 PM   #2
juancab
Registered
Rep
Drives:

same problem w/ abs light

I had the same problem. In addition, my interior dome lights would not turn on. I called dealer and told them I would like to reset it (getting to fuse box and removing corresponding fuse). They said to bring it in so they can check it with computer. They checked "FZD module" and just plugged and replugged it and was able to fix it that way. They never found out why the warning light came on. Apparently dome light malfunction was somehow related.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 01:42 PM   #3
Jumpman
Lieutenant
Rep

I finally took it in to the local dealer. They said it was the left rear wheel speed sensor that was failing, which affected both the ABS system and DSC. They had to overnight the part. I should get it back today. Hopefully that will be the end of it.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 01:54 PM   #4
mdynamics
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, X3 & 325e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman View Post
Just over 1k miles on it. As I'm leaving the house this morning the ABS light comes on and stays on all the way to work. I guess now I'll find out if my local BMW place will give me a loaner or not, since I didn't buy it locally.

:iono:
did they give you a loaner?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2008, 10:55 AM   #5
Jumpman
Lieutenant
Rep

No. They did have a shuttle I could ride in but I just arranged my own transport. I didn't push them on it.
Appreciate 0