BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-02-2008, 02:34 PM   #1
mergen
Upstart
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Louisiana-Bayou Chapter BMW CCA Event July 20th

I got an email from Bayou BMW CCA promoting an upcoming Driver's Education Event. Any local driving enthusiasts who are not BMW CCA members may not know about this upcoming event. If not for the email, I wouldn't have known. Heck, I didn't even know we had a track in this area! That was pretty exciting news. I've never done anything like this before so this will all be new to me. Any other "first time" track folks that show up won't be alone. I'll be there.

Excerpt from the email I received:

All right, if you are a member of BMW CCA you are a car enthusiast. If you have never driven on the track, you must! Nothing will teach you more about your beloved auto than a high-speed exercise off of the public roads. So sign up for our July 20, 2008 one-day Driver’s Education Course.

Bayou Chapter BMW CCA will hold a one-day performance driver’s school at our local area road course, No Problem Raceway Park (6740 HWY 996, Belle Rose, LA 70341, www.noproblemraceway.com/ ,near Donaldsonville, Louisiana, about halfway between New Orleans and Baton Rouge. If you have never attended an event like this, it’s and exciting way to learn high-speed car control skills in a safe and controlled setting with an experienced in-car instructor. The objective is to teach you how to enjoy the high performance aspects of your vehicle. Emphasis will be on safe, smooth, controlled driving. Instruction is both on track and in the classroom. You will be grouped according to your experience level – no need to feel intimidated if this is your first driving event. We promise you will improve your driving skills and learn about the capabilities of your automobile.

This is a BMW CCA event, but everyone is welcome. Registration fees are $140 BMWCCA members, $150 others & $25 instructors. Register on line at www.motorsportreg.com/. Questions? Contact Tom Campbell at tecsmailcall@yahoo.com.

Driving on a road course has been described as the most fun one can have and still be eligible to run for public office. So get signed up! Questions? Contact Tom Campbell at tecsmailcall@yahoo.com.

---------------------

If this message should've been posted in a regional forum instead of here, maybe it will magically show up there.
Appreciate 0