BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-12-2008, 02:33 AM   #1
Alext
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: B M W

So I just had a call from the dealer

Regarding the trim.

He begins by saying that the 'silver chrome' trim I wanted was unavailable. And I am thinking uh oh bubble boy here we come...then he continues and says that I will have to settle for shadowline chrome.

Ahh the exterior trim is what he is on about. Relieved I said that is fine I am not too fussed. But then I anxiously asked if the brushed aluminium INTERIOR trim was still OK. He said that it definitely was.

However my car hasnt gone into the build request stage yet, so he I am not counting my eggs (no pun intended) yet.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2008, 03:15 AM   #2
smarm
Worsier then Tupac dying.
Rep
Drives:

That's interesting

I'll be following that up with mine.

Quote:
If you write 'Wash Me' on my car, I'll carve 'Resuscitate Me' into your chest
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2008, 03:41 AM   #3
Sydneysider
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alext View Post
Regarding the trim.

He begins by saying that the 'silver chrome' trim I wanted was unavailable. And I am thinking uh oh bubble boy here we come...then he continues and says that I will have to settle for shadowline chrome.

Ahh the exterior trim is what he is on about. Relieved I said that is fine I am not too fussed. But then I anxiously asked if the brushed aluminium INTERIOR trim was still OK. He said that it definitely was.

However my car hasnt gone into the build request stage yet, so he I am not counting my eggs (no pun intended) yet.
I thought shadowline was the default and chrome trim was never an option on the M sports.

Appreciate 0
      06-12-2008, 04:56 AM   #4
Alext
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: B M W

Yes you are right Sydneysider. Anything with the M-pack gets the shadowline standard. I just preferred the silver chrome trim, esp on black as it highlights the car better (in my opinion).

Smarm: let us know how you go
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2008, 06:17 AM   #5
Sydneysider
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alext View Post
Yes you are right Sydneysider. Anything with the M-pack gets the shadowline standard. I just preferred the silver chrome trim, esp on black as it highlights the car better (in my opinion).

Smarm: let us know how you go
yeah i would have picked it too initially but you'd like the shadowline for the fact it blends into the car colour.

Appreciate 0