BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-09-2008, 07:17 AM   #1
kizzorama
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Talking Hi Aussies

Hi Aussie 1addicts,

New to the group, just saying hi. I recently test drove the 135i and I am addicted. I dont know if theres a 12 step program for this yet, but ive just resigned to feed my addiction instead. Probably a Feb 09 delivery for me unfortunately .

I bought an e90 325i, first car ever in 2006. It was a decision I made with my head, as the car ticked all the boxes i needed ticked, ie reliable, reasonably sporty, decent resale (so I thought), luxurious etc etc. I like the car and its technically great but it was never any where nearly as visceral an experience as the 135i I test drove last friday. Needless to say, the 325i is on carsales.com right now.

I've decided to let my heart rule my decisions from here on in.

BTW, there was a blue 135i with the number plates "one 35s" at trivetts Parramatta last Friday. Having read through the forums, i believe that it belongs to Raj. Breathtaking machine in the flesh....congrats.

I have 3 questions though:

1. can anyone recommend a dealer?

2. I've settled on ti silver (because of easy maintenance...I know it contradicts my earlier heart/head comment but Im taking baby steps at this point). Black or coral red interior?

3. poplar or silver trim?

re: 2, 3 I know that its whatever I prefer and appeals to me etc but I would be interested in what the forum has to say.

sorry if this is too wordy btw
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2008, 07:29 AM   #2
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Hi Kizzorama,
Welcome aboard.
Dealers come down to personal preference.
I think we all have a bad experience with a dealer at some stage. I have purchased from Sylvania BMW for the past 20 odd years.Nver had any major problems with ordering process.
As far as colour choices go there should be quite a few combinations between this and the US forum..:iono:
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2008, 07:42 AM   #3
aus_buster
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Hey,

Yup "ONE 35S" is my car . Now to your questions :

1) I'm with zuzu on this. Its all down to personal preference. Trivett parramatta was great and i would recommended them to anyone.

2) I reckon ti silver looks great. However my wife and all her friends couldn't stand the ti silver...don't know why :iono: .

3) We went with the poplar and are extremely happy...
      06-09-2008, 07:56 AM   #4
flamezy
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 125i

I knew how much I should be paying and went to the dealer which was closest to me which was trivett and see if they could come close to what i was looking for.

I was happy with the price and it was a done deal.
      06-09-2008, 08:00 AM   #5
Kris
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: m3

Welcome to the forum! We always enjoy having new aussie addicts along!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2008, 08:25 AM   #6
imported_Dodgy
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: SG 135i 6M

Black leather with silver trim for me
      06-09-2008, 08:38 AM   #7
DTNJNQ
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2, 135i, Xclass

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgy View Post
Black leather with silver trim for me
+1

Welcome.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2008, 08:42 AM   #8
d3syd
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i MT, LMB, ProNav

Garage List
2008 135i Coupe  [0.00]
Welcome Kizzorama to the ever growing Aussie enclave.

Raj, I love your car Maybe it's because mine is almost the same:w00t:

Fun Car: 135i Manual LeMans Blue / Beige Leather / Grey Poplar / pro nav / euro plates. Delivered 24 June 08
Family Car: Land Rover Discovery 4 SDV6
Spare Car:
Volvo V70 Sydney Car: MB 420SEL
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2008, 06:58 PM   #9
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Hi Kizzorama, congrats on the decision to buy! When it comes to cars, I always go with my heart...not always good though lol.

Can't help you with dealer given we are in different cities, but I would recommend silver with red...only reason being that silver is a "boring" colour but with red it will make the car look individual and striking. As for wood vs silver trim, I think the grey poplar looks good with the red. However, under light, the poplar looks a bit brown, whereas the black wood on my Merc is really black wood (and looks much better to be honest). If you choose to go with aluminium, I had a E46 coupe with red interior and aluminium, and I can tell you that it looked very nice too!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2008, 08:35 PM   #10
white 125M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: White 125 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzorama View Post
Hi Aussie 1addicts,

New to the group, just saying hi. I recently test drove the 135i and I am addicted. I dont know if theres a 12 step program for this yet, but ive just resigned to feed my addiction instead. Probably a Feb 09 delivery for me unfortunately .

I bought an e90 325i, first car ever in 2006. It was a decision I made with my head, as the car ticked all the boxes i needed ticked, ie reliable, reasonably sporty, decent resale (so I thought), luxurious etc etc. I like the car and its technically great but it was never any where nearly as visceral an experience as the 135i I test drove last friday. Needless to say, the 325i is on carsales.com right now.

BTW, there was a blue 135i with the number plates "one 35s" at trivetts Parramatta last Friday. Having read through the forums, i believe that it belongs to Raj. Breathtaking machine in the flesh....congrats.

2. I've settled on ti silver (because of easy maintenance...I know it contradicts my earlier heart/head comment but Im taking baby steps at this point). Black or coral red interior?

re: 2, 3 I know that its whatever I prefer and appeals to me etc but I would be interested in what the forum has to say.

Hang in there mate, I've just laid a deposit for a 135 myself with an EDD of this time next year!! It's gonna be a loooong wait my friend but it'll be worth it. In the meantime, at least we have this site to help us get through the waiting period. :thumbup:

Phil
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2008, 08:45 PM   #11
Kris
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: m3

You guys are brave waiting for an entire year!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2008, 10:17 PM   #12
Mr_D
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 320i Executive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzorama View Post
Hi Aussie 1addicts,

Hey there kizzorama!
Im newish to this forum too- but welcome anyways too :biggrin:

You know, Ive always shopped around to try & score the best deal from Sydney BMW dealers. My favourites were always Alto BMW in Atarmon...but theyare no more. Pity. Canterbury BMW always seem to be able to go a little bit better in pricing than other dealers Ive found. I'll tell you someone who does always seem to offer great pricing on current models...is Worthington BMW. They are a little bit of a drive from Sydney CBD wise, but they seem to offer very aggressive pricing. BMW Sydney - in Rushcutters Bay- have excellent stock resoutrces...can pull in stock from literally anywhere in the country it seems. I think they are actually owned by BMW Australia too. Their pricing doesnt offer as much margin for negotiation though. Sylvannia BMW have lovely customer service, followup etc, but I wouldnt have said their pricing is the best.
Believe it or not, I have bought BMWs from each of these dealers Ive mentioned. Generally they are all very good.

I think the rest of the colour choices are all personal preferences...but I always have in the back of my mind....When I come to sell this vehicle...I want it to appeal to the biggest possible market, so the demand for it will be good. That should hopefully mean I get a good price at sell or trade in time. I am getting at colours that might appeal to most of the potential buyers, not a tiny amount.

Anyhoo...welcome aboard to your good self kizzorama!

All the best :thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2008, 10:29 PM   #13
Guran
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 135i Coupe

I'm about to join the waiting list too. I've decided that after 5 1/2 years of ownership of my MINI Cooper S, it's time to move on. I was looking for something quick, smallish with 4-seats, and preferably rear-wheel-drive (all my previous cars have been FWD or AWD), and the 135i Coupe looks far and away my best option for the money. Two test drives later (plus one for my wife) and we're ready to start haggling a deal.

My colour choice ... sparkling graphite with coral red leather and aluminium trim. Actually, I should say "my wife's" colour choice since her opinion counts more than mine in these matters!

For those who've been through it already: how flexible are the dealers tending to be on pricing for the 135i Coupe? I bought my MINI back in 2002 when they first launched the S, and got virtually no concession because the demand was huge. Should I be pushing for free options, or something off the dealer delivery charge, or both? Delivery time looks to be another lever worth pulling: my local has very limited supply and might not be able to get me a car this year - if they want my business then the price will need to be right.

Sorry if these sorts of questions are taboo on the forum. I'm new here and not too familiar with the house rules.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 09:36 AM   #14
d3syd
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i MT, LMB, ProNav

Garage List
2008 135i Coupe  [0.00]
Welcome Guran. You can't go wrong with a 135, it's the bees knees.

I don't think you will have much bargaining power due to the limited supply, even if it is going to be a long wait. The dealer will be inclined to say take it or leave it, as he knows there will be another person in the queue to step up and play a premium for the car.

Having said that though, I did manage to get a $1000 discount and free mats.... ;-)

Fun Car: 135i Manual LeMans Blue / Beige Leather / Grey Poplar / pro nav / euro plates. Delivered 24 June 08
Family Car: Land Rover Discovery 4 SDV6
Spare Car:
Volvo V70 Sydney Car: MB 420SEL
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 05:57 PM   #15
Mr_D
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guran View Post
I'm about to join the waiting list too. I've decided that after 5 1/2 years of ownership of my MINI Cooper S, it's time to move on. I was looking for something quick, smallish with 4-seats, and preferably rear-wheel-drive (all my previous cars have been FWD or AWD), and the 135i Coupe looks far and away my best option for the money. Two test drives later (plus one for my wife) and we're ready to start haggling a deal.

My colour choice ... sparkling graphite with coral red leather and aluminium trim. Actually, I should say "my wife's" colour choice since her opinion counts more than mine in these matters!

For those who've been through it already: how flexible are the dealers tending to be on pricing for the 135i Coupe? I bought my MINI back in 2002 when they first launched the S, and got virtually no concession because the demand was huge. Should I be pushing for free options, or something off the dealer delivery charge, or both? Delivery time looks to be another lever worth pulling: my local has very limited supply and might not be able to get me a car this year - if they want my business then the price will need to be right.

Sorry if these sorts of questions are taboo on the forum. I'm new here and not too familiar with the house rules.

Guran,
this is just a general suggestion here...but if at all possible, can you join the BMW EPP Program? That will split the dealer charges in half, throw in free floor mats & should give you a discounted hourly rate charge too I think should it ever need a service. This is all even before you press them for a couple of deniro off the sticker price.

If possible, see if you can join this EPP program. Its listed under the "Coporate Programme" on bmw.com.au site.
Hey - its $$ better off in your pocket :smile:

All the best
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 10:24 PM   #16
harpoon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil_d View Post
Hang in there mate, I've just laid a deposit for a 135 myself with an EDD of this time next year!! It's gonna be a loooong wait my friend but it'll be worth it. In the meantime, at least we have this site to help us get through the waiting period. :thumbup:

Phil

Bloody hell. Did you try the Sydney dealers to see if you could get one earlier? Can't believe its out to May delivery already.
      06-10-2008, 10:32 PM   #17
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep

WHAT....MAY 09 delivery already...what the???

Any one to buy a 135i 6SPM vert with 280km on the clock...

ONLY JOKING...
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 10:33 PM   #18
smarm
Worsier then Tupac dying.
Rep
Drives:

Feel for you guys.

So glad I ordered (which was rather late), when I did. The wait list looks like it's going to blow out to epic proportions.

Quote:
If you write 'Wash Me' on my car, I'll carve 'Resuscitate Me' into your chest
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 10:43 PM   #19
harpoon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Zuzu reminds me of when the 350z first came out. Some people thought they'd make money on them cause they'd be so popular. I got mine for 15k cheaper than new with 1000kms on it. Some poor sod tried to take a punt on it and ended up crossing the dealers spread. Quik 20k!
      06-10-2008, 10:45 PM   #20
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep

lol...But you will get some trying to make a quick buck on a fast resale..
Rick Damilian Motors will for sure....
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 11:19 PM   #21
SimonB
135 to 335 M Sport to X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 30d, optioned up!

OMG, May 09 already! Sheez, now I am really glad I ordered before my holiday!
      06-10-2008, 11:27 PM   #22
Mr_D
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonB View Post
OMG, May 09 already! Sheez, now I am really glad I ordered before my holiday!

SimonB,
when did you confirm your order???? My deposit is receipted 26 May.Are you before or after that date?
You have me worried now... My dealer assures me a Sept 08 delivery.... Im hearing a lot of May 09's though????????
Appreciate 0