BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-22-2008, 03:14 AM   #1
changed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 Msport

retrofit angel eyes

sorry if this sounds daft.....

my one regret on my spec was not getting the xenons, or more to the point what i didn't realize is no xenons means no angel eyes... too late now anyway, but...

googling around there seems to be 1001 different angel eye upgrades, kits and bulbs etc etc available for many bmw models, not so many for the 1er, what i cant get my head around is if the angel eyes themselves are linked in anyway to the xenons, or if the system is completely separate.

my question really is, is it possible to fit some kind of angel eye mod to my standard halogen headlamps, if so any pointers on which one to use. (uk based supplier would be even better!). realistically im not bothered about how well they work, im just gutted every time i see a bm approach me with those little rings
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2008, 10:53 AM   #2
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

On a hack-job sort of level, all you really have to do is power the angel eye LED's by splicing a power (gray) wire to the headlights in some aspect. I believe it's fairly popular to piggyback onto the corner light power wire.
      10-19-2008, 07:13 PM   #3
matt.morrow
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Can someone please clarify. I really want the rings (I assume these are what the angel eyes are). I have specced my car with standard halogens. Can you please advise on the best way to get the ring look?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2008, 09:57 PM   #4
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

Unfortunately the factory 1 series headlights are permanently sealed together so there is no way to install rings into your existing headlights. I recommend replacing the headlights with a set of factory xenons as this will allow you to run xenons and angel eyes. You can also upgrade the color of the OEM xenons to a pure white.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2008, 08:25 AM   #5
gaijinMR
Banned
Rep
Drives:

Question Corona Eyes-Angel Eyes Mod

Hey whats up guys, I bought an upgrade for my angel eyes from www.**********s.com thats made for the 1 series.

******************************/pdf/installation-guide.pdf

this is the instruction manual on how to install them but the problem is the 135i is constructed differently.

What sucks is i couldnt get them installed because I couldnt find the part that connects to the angels eyes. I was in the shop for 4 hours, I took off my tire, took off my horns, my front bumper, and the whole head light was such a b*tch to get off (BMW makes everything so complicated). In the end, I couldnt figure out how to install the upgrade. If anyone here knows how to get to the angel eye light bulb can you please help me out?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2008, 05:50 PM   #6
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

^ The link that you've provided is the Ice install for the E90/E91 3 series. At the moment I don't know of anyone carrying the angel eyes for the 1 series just yet. Also, there is no Ice (angel eye bulbs) for the 1 series either.

What you can do is run the hyper white H8 bulbs (same bulbs that are on the E92) with your factory xenons if you just want to change the color of your angel eyes. But as far as angel eye kits for halogen headlights go, there is no solution for them just yet.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2008, 10:43 PM   #7
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

Running any h8 bulbs are fine (angel eyes), just make sure you get 35W, so your car doesnt throw a code
Appreciate 0