BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-17-2008, 01:56 PM   #1
sndprssr
Tech. Certified
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i

Fields has screwed us yet again...

Ok, first off Fields in Winter Park stuck us with a sheister/sexist CA that tried to screw my wife out of several thousand dollars on the trade in among other things when we first went to talk about the car so Fields corporate took care of that and sent us to another guy at Fields Daytona.

The CA at Daytona was great and everything was fine until this past Friday. In one day we received a call from Honda saying that my wife has not paid them in two months (from the time when when we traded the car) and then we got a nasty letter from PenFed saying they are seeking criminal prosecution for fraud. Honda has reported the non-payment to all 3 credit agencies which has dropped her credit score 50 pts all because Fields decided to forget to pay off the $1500 that was still left on the car after we traded it in to them. That's fixable but a big PItA none-the-less.

PenFed is pissed that Fields put the title in my wifes name with no lien on the car and they think we are trying to take the car and their money and run. Tried calling them to explain and they don't care because we owe them $20k and they want their money and are threatening to have her prosecuted for fraud. A paper was signed at the dealership stating that PenFed was the lien holder and it was brought up numerous times so as to avoid this situation but BMW dropped the ball hardcore after they assured us this was not a problem and was taken care of.

Now not only do we have to figure out how to sort all this out, if we do there will be a note on our account of the possible attempted fraud. Being in the military and having that on my record will be pretty bad and could cause me to lose out on promotions as well as officer candidate school. Needless to say I am pretty pissed but figured I would let people know that you should never trust the dealership to do their job on their own.

Just remember to always follow up with everything and follow behind them like your child to make sure they don't screw up and screw you in the process...
      05-17-2008, 06:26 PM   #2
Motorsports_3
E30 Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135, 1988 325

Wow, im really sorry. I hope it all turns out well for you guys.
      05-17-2008, 08:48 PM   #3
mrhyde
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Sounds like Fields should straighten this out to your satisfaction.(after they pry your foot from their a$$)
I'm sure everything will work out ok. You sure don't deserve this hassle when you're trying to enjoy your new car.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2008, 08:57 PM   #4
sndprssr
Tech. Certified
United_States
Rep

After a day of bitching, we have sort of gotten the non-paid Honda part fixed and they are contacting the credit bureaus to remedy that. PenFed stuff has to wait until Monday for the finance people to get in.
      05-17-2008, 09:00 PM   #5
ScottyGams
Uber-Lee7 Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

u shouldn't have to do ANY work! these guys sound like they blow!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2008, 09:09 PM   #6
sndprssr
Tech. Certified
United_States
Rep

We (meaning I) are going to be having a "nice discussion" with the Gen. Man. and BMW corp. and are going to at least try to get an alarm or something out of this. I have never had to do this much work for a car. Love the car and all but, I had better service and satisfaction with Hyundai several years ago than I have with BMW so far.
      05-17-2008, 09:36 PM   #7
OrientBlauZHP
1addict regardless
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndprssr View Post
We (meaning I) are going to be having a "nice discussion" with the Gen. Man. and BMW corp. and are going to at least try to get an alarm or something out of this. I have never had to do this much work for a car. Love the car and all but, I had better service and satisfaction with Hyundai several years ago than I have with BMW so far.
Man what a f'ed up situation. Mistakes are made; don't count BMW out yet!
      05-17-2008, 09:47 PM   #8
sndprssr
Tech. Certified
United_States
Rep

Still love BMW just not Fields BWM right now. We'll see how this all plays out, but I just can't bring myself to dislike such a beautiful car or it's maker...
      05-17-2008, 10:07 PM   #9
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

+1 for Fields screwing people over. Sorry to hear about all your trouble. I thought it was just the one in Winter Park that was bad. Now I can see the problem may be further up the ladder.

Appreciate 0
      05-18-2008, 08:14 AM   #10
Jack in Jax
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Pearson 424 Ketch

Per Mike Miller's column in a recent Roundel the language you should use when discussing this with the dealership GM and BMW NA is that 'you have lost confidence in BMW' and no longer have 'faith in the BMW product' until/unless they can respond in a manner that restores it. Apparently, those terms are corporate hot-buttons and max your chance of being heard.

Jack
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2008, 08:41 AM   #11
Chop79
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Don't worry about the OCS application. Your command will never know and your credit score will be corrected. Now if it were a Government travel card balance, you would have a problem.
      05-18-2008, 09:22 AM   #12
ScottyGams
Uber-Lee7 Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

i wonder what CSI score you gave fields?

you get any phone calls from BMW?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2008, 09:45 AM   #13
OrientBlauZHP
1addict regardless
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack in St. Pete View Post
Per Mike Miller's column in a recent Roundel the language you should use when discussing this with the dealership GM and BMW NA is that 'you have lost confidence in BMW' and no longer have 'faith in the BMW product' until/unless they can respond in a manner that restores it. Apparently, those terms are corporate hot-buttons and max your chance of being heard.

Jack
+1; great info in Roundel
      05-18-2008, 11:49 AM   #14
sndprssr
Tech. Certified
United_States
Rep

^^^+2 That is good info., I do believe when I have my talk with the GM I may drop a line or two...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chop79 View Post
Don't worry about the OCS application. Your command will never know and your credit score will be corrected. Now if it were a Government travel card balance, you would have a problem.
That's good to know. I know they check into my background but I was not sure how far into it they would go. Having a possible attempted fraud of Pen Fed I figured would be a bad thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyGams View Post
i wonder what CSI score you gave fields?

you get any phone calls from BMW?
If you are referring to the thing/survey we did after the purchase, my wife did that but gave them top scores all around because at the time they were excellent. We will, on Monday, be calling back since she still has the number and revoking some of those high marks.
      05-18-2008, 11:52 AM   #15
Red135
La Flama Blanca
Rep
Drives: 1-series

Do you have a security clearance? They will check your credit for that.
      05-18-2008, 12:21 PM   #16
sndprssr
Tech. Certified
United_States
Rep

Yes, I have clearance but not TS which I am up for in a couple years. I should be ok in that respect, since the Honda was my wife's car it was her credit that got shot to hell. After Honda calls the credit agencies though and explains the situation they can officially retract the non-payment complaint and it will be fixed.
      05-18-2008, 12:27 PM   #17
Red135
La Flama Blanca
Rep
Drives: 1-series

Good luck getting everything fixed.
      05-19-2008, 09:44 AM   #18
jrc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

sndprssr -- I am financing through penfed and buying at fields. Did fields have any special requirements about the form of the penfed payment? My CA said something about them needing certified funds (i.e. instead of a PenFed draft) although I'm not sure what the difference would be. Anyway, what did Penfed send you, and was it OK with fields? TIA
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 10:14 AM   #19
sndprssr
Tech. Certified
United_States
Rep

PenFed sent us a certified check and said the dealer needed to make sure to list them as the lien holder. This was ok with Fields but they said something about not knowing exactly how to cash it and that they would figure it out. They figured it out and then didn't report it properly, so make sure you have a copy of EVERYTHING you sign...
      05-19-2008, 10:32 AM   #20
jrc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Thx for the info. At least I don't have a trade-in to worry about, but I'll keep a close eye on them.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 10:38 AM   #21
kfiducia
Happy 1er
Rep
Drives: 08 135i, 05 R6, 67 Camaro

did we end up buying at the worst BMW dealership in north america? starting to look that way...
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 11:02 AM   #22
sndprssr
Tech. Certified
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfiducia View Post
did we end up buying at the worst BMW dealership in north america? starting to look that way...
It is very possible, I have found several complaints on the net about the Fields group so it's not just us apparently.