BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-15-2008, 11:41 PM   #1
topdown78
Rep
Drives:

Question European license plate holder

Does anyone know where I could get a European license plate frame/holder for a 135? I have a German plate I'd like to put on the front bumper. Also, is there any difference in the bumpers for the American vs. European market? Thanks for the assistance.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2008, 11:30 PM   #2
No top Al
Registered
Rep
Drives:

European License holder

There are several companies that sell them....Google: European license Plate holders. The first one that came up is in Los Angeles and they will even customize the actual plate itself if you wanted. I am not sure about the bumpers, but since these companies are selling to Americans, they will be able to help you with any specific questions. The only thing I would be weary about is the mounting. You may want to ask if they have mounts that will be safe for European and American plates. Since in California it is technically illegal not to have a front plate, you could get a fix it ticket or worse depending on the city. You want a flexible mount so if you do get that ticket, you can go to the station and say see I fixed it and the next day go back to your euro plate.

Have fun with the convertible!
Appreciate 0