E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Zaino Problem - Please Help!

05-30-2006, 06:54 PM   #1
mike20022
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Honda Accord

Zaino Problem - Please Help!

Zaino Problem - Please Help!

Well I ran into a few problems the other day when I Zainoed the car. Either I still had soap on the car or I applied too much Zaino to my hood. I have major swirl marks all over the hood of the car.

Now do I start all over, and wash the hood with Dawn again. Or is there a better quicker way to fix this? I followed the steps below. I will post some pictures when my Internet stops acting up.

#1 - Wash with Dawn.

#2 - ZFX (Mix Z2 wit ZFX, fill the little 2oz vial) Fill bottle with Z2, and then add 10 drops of ZFX, shake well. Yes I know, only good for 12 hours.

#3 - Apply Z2-ZFX mixture to entire vehicle, and let dry for about 30 minutes, car will haze.

#4 - Remove Polish with MF towel.

#5 - Spray Z6 - Small sections at a time.

#6 - Spray Z8 for the final touch.

Thanks for you Help!
-Mike-
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2006, 08:29 PM   #2
mike20022
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Honda Accord

Pictures

Now you can see the nasty swirl marks I left all over my hood!

What do I do now?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-30-2006, 08:54 PM   #3
330eye
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330I BLK/BLK/SP/PP/NAV/CA

Garage List
2006 330I  [0.00]
Can't see the swirl marks that you are referring to but the problem is you are probably using way too much Z2. If you apply it correctly there will be no haze. If it does you have used too much. Unlike most products a little bit goes a long way.
When you apply Z2, start by wetting your pad with distilled water. Squeeze out as much as you can. Put a small amount of Z2 on your pad (about the size of a dime) and apply it in stripes started at the window down to the grill.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2006, 10:25 PM   #4
Pompey
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Garage List
2006 BMW  [0.00]
1995 BMW 325i  [0.00]
I don't see the swirl marks either. How many Z2Pro coats out of the 2 oz. bottle? I got 3 coats out of about a half-bottle (1 oz.). There was a little haze on some of the panels, but for the most part, I didn't see much evidence that the stuff was there. I don't see any swirl marks, but with TiAg, they would be hard to see anyway. I've always had a professional deal with any swirl marks on my other cars.

In any case, this stuff is amazing. The day after applying it, we went for a 2-3 hour drive in the country, arriving back home at about 10pm. As you might expect, the front of the car was COVERED with dead bugs! The next morning I misted some Z6 on the bug-encrusted sections, and using some cotton towels and very gentle pressure, the bugs just slid off the car. Good as new!
      05-31-2006, 01:10 AM   #5
edawg
Auto Icons
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xit

from what i understand, my detailer says you should never wash the car with dish soap,,,always use soap meant to vehicles
      05-31-2006, 06:31 AM   #6
hunt55
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325i

Mike,
Try using Z5 by Zaino or Z-PC which removes swirls but you have to follow Z-PC up with either Z5 or Z2. Z5 is for swirls, Z2 is more of a hard wax. Use ZFX as you are doing with either Z5 or Z2.

I have removed swirls using mostly Z5 with no problems. I don't know if you need to use dawn again. I would use Z7-car wash.

Also, make sure you are using a soft mit or make sure the micro towl is soft or wash beforehand. Meguair's makes a very soft terry towel available on their web site.

I just ordered the Z-PC for use on an older car for the first time. I also just ordered Z8. How do you like Z8 and how often do you use it?
Hunt55
Appreciate 0