E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > zaino leather conditioner - does it really smell like new car?

05-30-2006, 11:39 AM   #1
dejav0o
Captain
Rep
Drives: SG 330i

zaino leather conditioner - does it really smell like new car?

I just applied the zaino leather cleaner and conditioner to my car, and contrary to what the product and most people say, I don't believe it brings back that new car smell. It actually has a very distinct smell itself which I don't catagorize as being either "leather" or "the new car" smell.

I was actually a little disappointed after applying this product because it hid whatever new car smell my car still had and replaced it with it's own. But in it's very own right, I do believe that it did make my leather feel softer and it did help in the areas where I thought the leather looked a little dry.

For those that do have good experiences with this stuff, how much did you put on? And do I maybe need to wait a few days for that smell to mix in with my car to give it that "leather" smell? I basically just want to hear some thoughts on this, because the rest of the Zaino products have done exactly what people claim, and I haven't heard anything bad on this leather conditioner either.... Am I doing somethign wrong? Applying too much? too little?

On a side note, I completed detailed my car yesterday, only to accidentally curb my front rim while parking. F**K!!! :mad: Ironic how these things turn out.... I'll post a pic later when I get home from work...
      06-30-2006, 02:39 PM   #2
HRC
MAUI BUILT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i MT

Garage List
2002 E46 325i  [0.00]
2012 E70 35i  [0.00]
Yea Tim, it doesn't smell like the "new car smell" because the new car smell is a combo of things. But the z10 to me smells like leather, so when I apply it to the car, it smells like a leather store, which I take to mean, something clean, fresh and new!

I apply a good amount so that I have a nice even layer of it o the surface. I would say a bottle lasts me about 2 months if I clean the car everyweekend.

Either way, I love it and will not go back to Lexol or other brands.

Danny
Arctic/Blk Leather/Alum.Trim/MT/ZSP/Sunshades/Blk Lines/M3 Illuminated Knob/Alcantara Performance Wheel/M-E-Brake Handle/Euro Fog Switch/Koni Yellows/H&R Sport Springs/19" VMR V718's w/PS2 Tires/M-Tech Body Kit/Carbon Fiber Spoiler/Bimmian Interior Bulbs/OEM Eye Glass Tray/SSK/Alcantara Boot/Split Armrest/OEM Dual Rear Power Outlets/Rear Ashtray Delete/OEM Alum. Pedals/Osram 6000K/Brex Rings/LED Side Markers/BMS Power Box
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2006, 03:20 PM   #3
nhhiep
Captain
Rep
Drives: bmw

yes, it takes away the new car smell on my 3 months old car too. I put 1 layer, then wait 2 hrs for it to dry completely and put another layer on my seat, since I am the only one who drives and rarely have passengers. I think I used too much because I almost used up about half the bottle already for just 1 time.

ohh yeah, how long does it last? I am thinking about apply it again in 3 months.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2006, 05:18 PM   #4
DLJJ3399
Lack of charisma can be fatal...
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhhiep
yes, it takes away the new car smell on my 3 months old car too. I put 1 layer, then wait 2 hrs for it to dry completely and put another layer on my seat, since I am the only one who drives and rarely have passengers. I think I used too much because I almost used up about half the bottle already for just 1 time.

ohh yeah, how long does it last? I am thinking about apply it again in 3 months.

I did the same thing the first time I used it.

I think it last a while. Maybe 2 months.

If you're the only one that drives your car then you won't notice the smell. Kind of like you don't notice how your home smells.

I don't notice mine very much anymore, but when I have company in the car they notice it right away.

"You car smell brand new!" is what they say.

My 3er cents!
      06-30-2006, 06:00 PM   #5
teodulog
Private
Rep
Drives: 2003 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I was wondering what the leather looks like after applying Zaino. I like the look that the leather has when new, it's not shinny but still looks healthy and not dry looking. That's how I would like to keep it. Does Zaino make it shinny?
      06-30-2006, 06:12 PM   #6
HRC
MAUI BUILT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i MT

Garage List
2002 E46 325i  [0.00]
2012 E70 35i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by teodulog
I was wondering what the leather looks like after applying Zaino. I like the look that the leather has when new, it's not shinny but still looks healthy and not dry looking. That's how I would like to keep it. Does Zaino make it shinny?
No cheap Armor-All shine to Zaino!

Danny
Arctic/Blk Leather/Alum.Trim/MT/ZSP/Sunshades/Blk Lines/M3 Illuminated Knob/Alcantara Performance Wheel/M-E-Brake Handle/Euro Fog Switch/Koni Yellows/H&R Sport Springs/19" VMR V718's w/PS2 Tires/M-Tech Body Kit/Carbon Fiber Spoiler/Bimmian Interior Bulbs/OEM Eye Glass Tray/SSK/Alcantara Boot/Split Armrest/OEM Dual Rear Power Outlets/Rear Ashtray Delete/OEM Alum. Pedals/Osram 6000K/Brex Rings/LED Side Markers/BMS Power Box
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2006, 10:58 PM   #7
espo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by teodulog
No shine.. I does however make the leather more "slick" than when it was new (at least in my case). When the car was new, I kind of stuck to the seat, but after applying some Z10, I just slide in.. Makes those sport seats really worth it when turning on/off the highway...:rocks:
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2006, 11:02 PM   #8
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

It made my car smell much better without having to smell flowers/purfume/pine trees etc.

Appreciate 0