BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-28-2008, 04:30 PM   #1
smcgt
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Monaco/Savannah BMW 135i

Anyone using larger front bar for Auto-X?

I am taking delivery of my 135 soon. From experience from other BMWs that have limited stock camber adjustment, a large (hopefully adjustable) front bar will help from destroying outer edges of front tires on an Auto-X course. I plan to run in DS, and was wondering if anyone has seen an adjustable front bar yet? Or tested larger front bars for auto-x?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 04:55 PM   #2
nordique14
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i 'vert

I plan on running larger bars (front & rear) for the autox. Right now the only sway bar option is a non-adjustable H&R.

This year I will be running the car stock to get a good feel for how it handles in stock form. Next year I will get sways and a non-staggered tire setup and see what that does. I expect by then there will be a wider range of rims and also someone will come out with adjustable sways.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 06:01 PM   #3
smcgt
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Monaco/Savannah BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordique14 View Post
I plan on running larger bars (front & rear) for the autox. Right now the only sway bar option is a non-adjustable H&R.

This year I will be running the car stock to get a good feel for how it handles in stock form. Next year I will get sways and a non-staggered tire setup and see what that does. I expect by then there will be a wider range of rims and also someone will come out with adjustable sways.
I friend of mine has offered me a spare set of wheels and Hoosiers for me to run on:thumbup: Without some improvement up front, the lack of negative camber will shred the tires. Same thing happens on e46 ZHP cars.

I can only change the front bar and stay in DS, so I may try the H&R for the time being until a proper adjustable comes out.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 06:49 PM   #4
nordique14
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i 'vert

I am going run without any sway bars for now. Shredding the stock run flat tires won’t bother me one bit. I haven’t gotten my car yet, but I am hoping to get a couple of tenths more camber by knocking out the guide pin.

Next season I think I will get the Nitto NT01 tires on new non-staggered rims. Along with some sways I should be good to go. Of course camber plates and a proper LSD would help even more. :wink:

I am curious to see how the eDiff performs. A guy who runs a 335i just turns his rear r-comps to smoke whenever he comes out of a tight corner. It would be nice if the eDiff can help put the power to the pavement instead of into a cloud of smoke.
Appreciate 0