BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-22-2008, 10:46 PM   #1
woods1966
Rep
Drives:

Seattle ordering times

Any input on time from order to delivery (or expected delivery) for anyone in and around Seattle? I'm hearing a couple of different answers from Fife and Bellevue BMW.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 11:38 PM   #2
mrug
Rep
Drives:

When I checked a month ago they told me 8-10 weeks and that I would pay MSRP. They also didn't have any cars I could test drive.

Instead I searched autotrader.com and found an out of state dealer who had just what I wanted on his lot. I got him to take 1000 off the sticker and I paid ~775 to have it delivered to Seatlle. Overall this was the best bet for me. I have bought several BMWs, Audis, etc. and was never convinced that a relationship with a local car salesperson...er..ah "Client Advisor" really adds that much value so I didn't think I was missing out. I'm sure some people would disagree but I guess its easier for me to see the value that BMW adds in design, engineering, manufacturing, and support. It's more difficult for me to see the value that an individual sales person adds other than showing me how to turn on the radio or offering a leasing product of some kind.

One other option might be to get Bellevue BMW or Seattle to trade one of their cars for one in another state. Although I tried this and asked my dealer to do a search but he told me that unfortunetly there was no car anywhere that matched my description.

That's when I bought the one that was listed on my dealer's website.

BTW the car is amazing, and worth the extra trouble once you get your hands on it!!

Hope this helps,
Michael
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 11:44 PM   #3
wenyong88
Private
Rep
Drives:

Here's additional info for me other than the PM i sent you earlier. I ordered mine at end of March and my car is in production on the 16th, will be finish tomorrow. The starting production date is match what the agent told me when I ordered the car, he checked and see the available slot and date.

As the delivery, it is up to the shipping schedule from the boat company and for West Coast, I still have no idea when will the next boat depart. The car should and hopefully arrive early June.
[COLOR=darkolivegreen]Mods: 20% Tint | Ventureshield Clear Bra | GB E-Brake | Performance Pedals | Streamline SE Air Filter | Rear Fogs | GP Thunder 7500k | Alarm Kit
Appreciate 0