BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-09-2008, 10:07 PM   #1
eagletree
Rep
Drives:

Any 135 coupes in Canada without the suroof?

Has anyone seen, demoed, ordered or acquired a 135 Coupe in Canada without the sunroof option?

Thanks.
Taupe leatherette interior (why can't BMW offer cloth like I had in my E36 328??) sunroof (unfortunatly the dealers in Canada won't let your order one without the 'roof) and, of course, M Sport Pack & ski pass through. Nothing else. The wife likes it pure & raw...but I digress...
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 10:32 PM   #2
Bringinthewolf
1 for the road
Canada
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i Cabrio

vanjaG's car. Look at the first 1'er in Canada thread

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5628

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/1023/dscn4687jk2.jpg

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 11:07 PM   #3
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

Mine is w/o Sunroof

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagletree View Post
Has anyone seen, demoed, ordered or acquired a 135 Coupe in Canada without the sunroof option?

Thanks.
Jet Black, Black Leatherette, Alum Glacier trim, Sport Package, PDC, Alarm, Aluminum Pedals. No sunroof. It is on a train somwehere in Canada right now, it is supposed to be in Vancouver on the 18th.

Why PDC you ask? I like to back tight into parking spaces against a wall whenever I can, in order to make it harder for would be thieves to force open the trunk. PDC will allow me to do that without damaging the rear bumper. My 1983 E21 320i has this feature - only it is an optical version. Actually, through the rear view mirror, I can see the pattern of the backup lights. As I get closer to the wall - I can see the lens pattern against the wall. When I see the top two rings, I am within 1/4 inch from the wall.

Vancouver has one of the highest rate of b&e and car thieves in North America. Money for drugs. Hence the BMW Alarm as well. I will also sport a new model club, although I haven't picked one out yet. If you ever travel to Vancouver by car do not ever leave anything of value visible in the car when you park, even a pair of sunglasss. The drug addicts will smash and grab anything that they can get $5 OR $10 for. The next rock of cocaine or heroin. Every week dozens, perhaps hundreds of rental cars and visitor's cars from the US get broken into downtown.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 11:11 PM   #4
Bringinthewolf
1 for the road
Canada
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i Cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester View Post
Jet Black, Black Leatherette, Alum Glacier trim, Sport Package, PDC, Alarm, Aluminum Pedals. No sunroof. It is on a train somwehere in Canada right now, it is supposed to be in Vancouver on the 18th.

Why PDC you ask? I like to back tight into parking spaces against a wall whenever I can, in order to make it harder for would be thieves to force open the trunk. PDC will allow me to do that without damaging the rear bumper. My 1983 E21 320i has this feature - only it is an optical version. Actually, through the rear view mirror, I can see the pattern of the backup lights. As I get closer to the wall - I can see the lens pattern against the wall. When I see the top two rings, I am within 1/4 inch from the wall.

Vancouver has one of the highest rate of b&e and car thieves in North America. Money for drugs. Hence the BMW Alarm as well. I will also sport a new model club, although I haven't picked one out yet. If you ever travel to Vancouver by car do not ever leave anything of value visible in the car when you park, even a pair of sunglasss. The drug addicts will smash and grab anything that they can get $5 OR $10 for. The next rock of cocaine or heroin. Every week dozens, perhaps hundreds of rental cars and visitor's cars from the US get broken into downtown.
+1

I've seen cars broken into for a 25 cents.

Appreciate 0
      04-12-2008, 06:00 AM   #5
Kiety
The ONE
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i Cabriolet

really? must be because I'm pretty careful here, I've never had a smashed window, getting my car keyed etc. actually i got this sign from a Vancouver police station that I put on my passenger's side 'There's nothing here but this sign, please don't steal the sign'

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 04:57 PM   #6
felixdahousecat
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

BMW Calgary's stock list is full of Sunroof, I think it was a strange choice to include it in the premium package. And 1500 by itself is just insane.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2008, 12:22 AM   #7
PC Valkyrie
Very slow driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3 & 135i & C55 AMG & 911 GT3

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
2005 C55 AMG  [0.00]
I ordered a relatively bare bones lemans blue 135i meant solely for my driving enjoyment. M-sport package, metallic paint, and USB audio integration. No sunroof.
      04-16-2008, 10:32 AM   #8
BrownBoy
1Addict
Rep
Drives:

Yep, the sunroof only comes with the Premium package or as a seperate option by itself.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2008, 11:24 AM   #9
Dave135i
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Valkyrie View Post
I ordered a relatively bare bones lemans blue 135i meant solely for my driving enjoyment. M-sport package, metallic paint, and USB audio integration. No sunroof.
Sounds like we'll have identical cars...although I did get the ski bag.

Nice choice :thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2008, 03:18 PM   #10
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

My car is coming early may.. SAP Black.. sports, coral leather seats and paddles.. no sunroof.. have it on my current car.. never use it..
Appreciate 0