BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-31-2008, 01:54 PM   #1
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Dinan in Canada.. or at least Toronto

Ok so I called my SR today at T&C in Toronto to see if they carry Dinan because I was planning to "lease" my 135i now.. so I wanted to see if it can be included into my payments and clear up all these warranty questions "plus" my friend had actually test drove a 135i with the Dinan flash at Budds BMW. So heres the answer I got: BMW CANADA has sent out a news letter to all BMW dealerships stating that they do not recommend this upgrade because of potential bugs and etc. they will not warranty any problems caused by the flash. However Dinan themselves will cover their product. For me this might put a stop to my idea of doing the reflash as I am going to be leasing my car but for those one are buying or financing one thats different. I don't want to get into a dicussion with BMW about warranties and stuff after..

Any thoughts from the Canadian community?

PS: if Budds BMW wasnt so far from me Id go for a test drive in that reflashed beast lol...
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 09:34 PM   #2
Bringinthewolf
1 for the road
Canada
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i Cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LazyBmw View Post
Ok so I called my SR today at T&C in Toronto to see if they carry Dinan because I was planning to "lease" my 135i now.. so I wanted to see if it can be included into my payments and clear up all these warranty questions "plus" my friend had actually test drove a 135i with the Dinan flash at Budds BMW. So heres the answer I got: BMW CANADA has sent out a news letter to all BMW dealerships stating that they do not recommend this upgrade because of potential bugs and etc. they will not warranty any problems caused by the flash. However Dinan themselves will cover their product. For me this might put a stop to my idea of doing the reflash as I am going to be leasing my car but for those one are buying or financing one thats different. I don't want to get into a dicussion with BMW about warranties and stuff after..

Any thoughts from the Canadian community?

PS: if Budds BMW wasnt so far from me Id go for a test drive in that reflashed beast lol...
You have a friend that has driven a Dinan flashed 135 and he's not on this board with a full report. What gives?

Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 11:47 PM   #3
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringinthewolf View Post
You have a friend that has driven a Dinan flashed 135 and he's not on this board with a full report. What gives?
Its a she.. and she owns a mazdaspeed3 and her lease is up next year haha.. she just told me that its way faster then her highly modded mazda that pushes around 300hp.. not sure if it was crank or wheel but ya her car is pretty fast lol.. and if shes saying the 135i dinan car was fast then its fast lol..
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2008, 01:55 PM   #4
looking
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135

^^^

Get her on the board for a full write up! hahah
Appreciate 0