BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-27-2008, 08:46 PM   #1
PB07NOVA
Private
Rep
Drives: 328iT

Thumbs up Sun Motorcars BMW (Mechanicsburg, PA)

In the summer of 2006, I called at least 25 dealerships in VA, MD, PA, NJ, and OH looking for a Z4 Coupe 3.0Si. I was looking for one on the lot in a color that was acceptable and had the options I wanted.

At Sun Motorcars BMW in Mechanicsburg, PA, the receptionist forwarded my call to a guy who introduced himself as Mike Monteith. From the moment he took the call, I decided then and there that I wanted to buy a car from this guy. He was so friendly, so happy-sounding, so helpful, very knowledgeable about BMWs, and so willing to please me. I had rarely, if ever, experienced all those traits from a sales person in my (too) many experiences buying cars.

He sent high-res digital photos of the car, gave me a nice discount, and treated me very well during and after the delivery. He and I became 'buddies', and when my California friend didn't want to wait for an M6 cabrio, Mike found one and did a courtesy delivery to her in CA!

Mike was great to work with again with the 135i. I told him back in August that I wanted a 1 and he assured me I was first on 'the list'. He notified me in late December that he had 'my allocation' and he patiently waited (and offered advice when I asked for it) on color choices and options.

He never required any deposit even though I had a P1 leather option, he sent a driver 100 miles to pick me up in VA and bring me to the dealer in PA, he offered me a good amount on my trade (didn't take it, but still...), and he was just a great guy to work with....again.

When the driver and I arrived back at Sun, my car was ready and waiting on the showroom floor in perfect condition, and I was in and out of there in 20 minutes to hit the road back to VA.

Sun Motorcars, and Mike Monteith in particular, are fantastic. You couldn't possibly be dissatisfied. No high pressure at any point in the process from anyone, even in F&I.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 10:22 AM   #2
young1er
1st Class
Rep
Drives: '08 128i

Sun Motors is my dealer as well. I am still waiting on the car, but so far the service I have received has been amazing. They are actually having an event for the 1 series today if anyone is in the area.
      03-29-2008, 01:02 PM   #3
40yroldawakening
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Garage List
07 e90 335i  [0.00]

Couldn't agree more, super guy to deal with. He hooked the wife up with a 335i last year, and I have been working with him on a 135i.

Will go the extra mile to make sure your plesaed !!!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 08:14 PM   #4
kioneo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 2008 135i

I lived near Sun Motors for several years and they have always treated me well with my BMWs. They are a fantastic dealership and I regret not ordering my 135 from them before I moved down south. I would have loved to deal with them as they have treated me well.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 05:43 PM   #5
smithtravel
Private
Rep
Drives:

A good time to revive this thread. Mike Monteith (CA) and Sun Motor Cars have been great to work with. Dan Taylor (service manager) has also been terrific.

Last edited by smithtravel; 04-20-2009 at 07:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 09:30 PM   #6
Dave Mac
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Sun Motors BMW is great! John Guarnera, Bob Burkholder and Todd (some slow-ass driver) make up part of the team at the dealership. Good peeps.

Dave
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2009, 10:59 PM   #7
HeyMoe53
Captain
Rep
Drives: '17 M240 AW/Coral MT

After working with Mike Monteith, and taking delivery of a 128 this week, I will add to the positive comments about Mike, and about Sun Motorcars BMW.

I have been treated with a great mix of politeness and friendliness. There was never any hint of pressure whatsoever. Absolutely everyone in the building seems happy to be there, which is rare in the workplace nowadays.

Yes, I did receive a reasonable discount. Could I have done a few hundred better at another dealership while twisting some arms? Probably, but I am immensely comfortable with Sun, and with Mike, and that is important to me.

I passed over a dealer 40 miles from home to go 140 miles to Sun. I'm OK with that. That alone should be a pretty strong recommendation for Sun/Mike Monteith.
Appreciate 0